The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Have we just forgotten that Cup Final and the Scott Allan business? I would never deal with Hibs again under ANY circumstances. Absolutely detest that club. Other than Dundee Utd, and the other other obvious one it is a club I would rather see dead than one of our own play for them

Has to be head over heart with these kind of moves. Middleton would strengthen Hibs against Celtic and and weaken them against us by his absence. It’s pragamatism, even if it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. And by the way even though their fans are the way they are, there’s a big difference between Petrie and Lennon and now Rangers supporting Leanne Dempster, the American guy and Heckingbottom. The previous regime wouldn’t have even asked the question. We’ve signed young talent from Hibs in the past and will have a better chance of doing so again if mutually beneficial loans like this are arranged. Put yourself in Dempster’s shoes, she’d rather do business with us than them. 

Edited by DMAA

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Has to be head over heart with these kind of moves. Middleton would strengthen Hibs against Celtic and and weaken them against us by his absence. It’s pragamatism, even if it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. And by the way even though their fans are the way they are, there’s a big difference between Petrie and Lennon and now Rangers supporting Leanne Dempster, the American guy and Heckingbottom. The previous regime wouldn’t have even asked the question. We’ve signed young talent from Hibs in the past and will have a better chance of doing so again if mutually beneficial loans like this are arranged. Put yourself in Dempster’s shoes, she’d rather do business with us than them. 

I despise them for everything around the SC final but this is is good business for the club in more ways than one. As you pointed out he would strengthen them to be more capable of taking something from direct rivals while being weakened against us and we get a young player developing in SPL first team football. I would rather he went there than Holland.

The biggest drawback would be that a segment of their support wont accept him and that's evident on their forums right now. I have faith in his ability but he would have to perform a class above to win them over quickly. A bad start with a few games not on the boil would be a nightmare for him there.

As long as Middleton has a clause not to play against parent club it is a fantastic move playing in the same division and a team that plays football under heckingbottom also it weaken the other top teams.

Edited by WorthingBear91

6 hours ago, compo said:

I wonder how much it would cost to buy Kent he could be the missing link from an ordinary team to a good team  .:rfc:

I've heard his fee quoted from everything down for £12 m to £8 with Villa apparently interested. Still too much for us. Personally I think Candeias will be a bigger loss for us.

HIBS are hopeful of beating Dutch side NAC Breda to the loan signing of Rangers’ Glenn Middleton.

The 19-year-old was at Easter Road today to watch Paul Heckingbottom’s side beat St Mirren 1-0.

And afterwards the Yorkshireman confirmed his interest in signing the teenager on a season long deal.

Steven Gerrard revealed on Friday that NAC were close to an agreement with the player.

But Heckingbottom is optimistic Middleton will choose the Scottish Premiership over a switch to the Netherlands.

He said: “He’s someone we have spoken to Rangers about .

“We’d be keen to do something, Rangers would and so would Glenn so hopefully we can get something done there.

“It would be a loan. Glenn is someone Rangers value highly.

“So if we can get him we’ll do our bit in terms of pushing him and trying to help develop him and do our bit for him - and he’ll do his bit for us with his application and the qualities he can bring.

"We’re hoping it can be done.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4561985/glenn-middleton-hibs-rangers-transfer-news/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1564907721

Perhaps this is not so much re the current manager, M'am CEO or some of the players (even though they have some idiots), but their support has turned into a vile bunch of Yahoo imitation and he would suffer quite a lot of bother. After the Scum, this band is competing with Aberdeen and the Arabs for the crown about the biggst Rangers haters ... do yourself a favour Glenn!

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Every mistake he makes will be met with Hun B@****d.

He will have to deal with all sorts of abuse from our own support if he makes our first team so I think it should be good training for him ?