The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Graham Coughlan has quickly shut down the transfer rumour doing the rounds in Scotland that Bristol Rovers are interested in signing Rangers’ teenage winger Josh McPake on loan.

Asked whether he was in for McPake, the Irish manager responded in surprise.

*He said tongue in cheek: “From Rangers? Rangers? Are you actually telling me I am going to be signing a Rangers player? If he was from Celtic I might think about it.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-rovers-boss-graham-coughlan-3208773

17 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

If Tav is going it shouldn't be in January when we may be preparing for the final push on the title. We want to release such a key player at such a key time? No thanks.

Next Summer is more sensible giving us some time to bed in a replacement with a full pre season.

He should stay; could mean Champions League football and even the chance to play in the World Cup with Scotland!  Not a very good chance, admittedly.  ?

Does anyone else think Edmundson would make a cracking DM?  

I know Jack and Kamara are our main two in that area but whenever I see a CB who looks a good footballer but is prone to errors, I think they'd be good at DM.  A bit like David Luis.

Andy King will arrive tomorrow on loan from Leicester (as now reported by

) Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers said to have personally endorsed the move to join a ‘fantastic club with a fantastic manager’ Andy will be Rangers 10th summer signing

https://mobile.twitter.com/4ladshadadream/status/1161694038107525120

Edited by ian1964

1 hour ago, Briton said:

He should stay; could mean Champions League football and even the chance to play in the World Cup with Scotland!  Not a very good chance, admittedly.  ?

Tav should do what's best for him and his family. If he can get a berth in England that doubles his salary or better then he'd be crazy not to take it, whenever it comes. As I've seen a hundred times in the past, we will move on and the hole he leaves will be nowhere as big as we think.