The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Andy King will arrive tomorrow on loan from Leicester (as now reported by

) Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers said to have personally endorsed the move to join a ‘fantastic club with a fantastic manager’ Andy will be Rangers 10th summer signing

https://mobile.twitter.com/4ladshadadream/status/1161694038107525120

Would be a very odd signing. Not exactly short in mf and not sure he's much of an upgrade on any of the existing ones.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

Unless we already know someone else is moving out?

Someone must be! Currently we have 7 first team players who can play in these 3 positions. Aribo, Davis, Jack and then Kamara as the first backup and Docherty the second backup. Halliday and Polster offer emergency cover only and primarily cover full back. I thought that was just right in terms of cover. If Andy King comes in where does he end up in the pecking order? Surely he doesn’t jump ahead of Kamara but how about Docherty? King is 30 and is currently on 38k and missed the second the second half of last season due to injury. I don’t get it. He can’t be fit enough to jump ahead of Docherty surely, but how much of his 38k wages are we paying if he’s 6th choice? Not sure how happy I am about him jumping Kamara or Docherty in the line. A lot of questions to be answered here. 

As far as I know he is an attacking midfielder and Gerrard said he wanted 2 men for every position so you have:

Kamara-Jack

Davis- Docherty

Aribo- King

I can understand it and think it is a good move if he is a good player. He played in the Leicester team that won the championship and the EPL so he can't be that bad.

PS I would have proffered Konte.:D

7 hours ago, pete said:

As far as I know he is an attacking midfielder and Gerrard said he wanted 2 men for every position so you have:

Kamara-Jack

Davis- Docherty

Aribo- King

I can understand it and think it is a good move if he is a good player. He played in the Leicester team that won the championship and the EPL so he can't be that bad.

PS I would have proffered Konte.:D

That's right Pete about the 2 for each position but I think King will be cover for the deeper role.  Gerrard said in his recent interview that he's got Davis, Kamara, Jack, Aribo and Docherty for the 3 midfield spots but wants 6 to compete for the 3 spots.

Andy King is a very good player and this signing on loan makes great sense.  It's likely that Leicester will be paying the majority of his salary so this is good business in my book.  I don't think Kamara has the discipline that Davis has yet so King will be good cover for Davis.

My only concern now with the squad is the left attacking midfield.  Jones and Barker are not yet proven but Jones is certainly showing the right early signs.  If either or both of these two perform consistently we will be in a great position this season.

15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

So that's Bodgers and popcorn teeth in the bad books this week.

:D

According to a Celtic supporting mate of mine, Rodgers is sending King, sorry 'Agent King' to Rangers to disrupt us and cause unrest. 

1 hour ago, Gazza_8 said:

According to a Celtic supporting mate of mine, Rodgers is sending King, sorry 'Agent King' to Rangers to disrupt us and cause unrest. 

Lol.

In any other circumstance I would have assumed that was a wind-up!