The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

36 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Why are we trying to sign so many SPL players? ?

Looks like we'll remain in competition with Aberdeen next season.  

Shinnie, Souttar and Hastie aren't the level required to obtain our 55th title.  The yahoos will strengthen.  We need to too.

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Looks like we'll remain in competition with Aberdeen next season.  

Shinnie, Souttar and Hastie aren't the level required to obtain our 55th title.  The yahoos will strengthen.  We need to too.

A bit early for the pessimistic slant on the window that hasn't yet opened.

To win the title, what we'll have to be doing with most players we sign, is improve them and put together a team that as a team can compete, rather than a collection of individuals with a pre-ordained glass ceiling. 

That is one of the reasons I think we shouldn't go for too many old legs on the downside of their career.

We need most of the team to have space in which to develop, grow and as per business model, eventually produce a net financial benefit.

Souttar and Hastie on a Bosman would, IF we could get them,...fit well with the above criteria.

---------------

I don't really understand the Stewart signing but like many others, I guess that's just a personal judgement.

What gets me is why not make an effort to get him on loan back in January for effectively, a 5 month trial before giving him a long term contract....Thing is, we also needed a Number 10 at the time.

It would have been cheaper than bringing in Davis and on balance given respective match-fitness levels, the specific last third creative requirement at the time and the need for immediate performance, made more sense.

Edited by buster.

Well, I would assume that every player in our squad has a price, but for some it really depends of whether they  actually want to leave. IMHO, Arfield has probably hit the climax of his club-career with us and won`t move to any lesser team, unless they offer him silly wages (though I would expect he ain't poor after his career so far).

Morelos and Tavernier are different in that respect.

So far, we only got freebies and the high quality signings that some crave will probably only come into our sights when serious money is coming in. Whether from investors, transfers or e.g. a share issue (which has not taken place, has it?).