The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Inside forwards, them were the days?

Oh for a Wee Prime Minister.

The younger fans love stats for me the only stat that counts is to finish one goal ahead of the opposition and inside men as I still call them are like the gun loaders in an artillery battery. 

Just watched a clip of gazza playing for ten minutes yesterday pity we couldn't have him for ten minutes today :rfc:

Edited by compo

On 26/03/2019 at 11:58, der Berliner said:

Strikers

Jermain Defoe (36) - striker, loaned from Bournemouth till summer 2020

Alfredo Morelos (born 21.06.1996) – striker, contract till 2021

Kyle Lafferty (30) - Heart of Midlothian, striker, contract till 2020

FYI

Alfredo Morelos signed another extension that runs until 2023.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/alfredo-morelos-signs-new-contract-2/

---------------------------------------

Looking at the lists in the OP, there are a lot of players who probably won't have much further involvement with the first team whose contracts run until summer 2020. The cumulative wages involved will be a fair old sum and although football clubs will always have to run with a certain amount of excess, it's a relatively high amount that unless we move some of them on willingly, will handicap us regards available budget.

I'm happy with the 2 deals thus far (Kamara & Jones), relative quality at a good age for a low fee.

Some of the speculation seems to be doubling up but better to wait and see what materialises.

Just now we can only speculate who we’ll get for next season. Nothing officially confirmed as far as I can see. 

But I’m sure we’ll be watching over the east end too. Especially who their manager will be & who they sign as I think there are ongoing issues behind the scenes over there.

Am I the only one who thinks it rather odd they seemed to be offering new contracts to lustig & bitton? And who could forget Brendan’s remark they couldn’t afford Burke? 

I’m sure we’ll make further progress again next season with the right signings. But I reckon our manager,DoF & board will be watching them with interest...

The only thing with the rumours etc from our point of view, that disappoints me is, does the likes of Jones and Greg Stewart (still to be confirmed) improve us any? I am not sure

Especially if Kent leaves or goes elsewhere or returns to Liverpool

9 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

The only thing with the rumours etc from our point of view, that disappoints me is, does the likes of Jones and Greg Stewart (still to be confirmed) improve us any? I am not sure

Especially if Kent leaves or goes elsewhere or returns to Liverpool

Only in terms of squad depth, which has been a concern this season. 

In terms of first-team quality, probably not too much.

The added benefit is it weakens the teams around us; I'm all for that. :D  

Kent's out of our reach, financially; I'm not too bothered if we get him or not, to be honest. 

The OP has, at the bottom, a link to TM showing the squad of next season. It will show that while we'll lose Kent (as of now), we'll have Jamie Murphy as our primary left winger, Eros Grezda, and left MF players Jordan Jones and Glen Middleton.

I really do wonder whether SG may chop Morelos because of his card - whether appealed or not - and Tav for his lapse at the end. We do have Polster ready and raring to go, as well as Flanagan. Unless we play them there, we`ll never know how good they actually are.

Likewise, we should prepare for life after Morelos with starting Defoe and Lafferty alongside one another.

Edited by der Berliner

On 30/03/2019 at 23:16, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Greg Stewart deal is tomorrow’s back pages 

Did say yesterday 

i would rather we brought in Brophy from Kilmarnock. has impressed me anytime i have saw him. 

guy at work knows Greg Stewarts family so will do some digging.