The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Snatched from FF

Dodoo’s future latest

Blackpool want Joe Dodoo back on loan next season.
The Rangers striker spent the last campaign with the Seasiders, making 25 appearances and scoring six goals.
Now Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips would love to agree a similar deal with the Ibrox giants.

"You don’t know, do you? But you’d like to think so.
All the lads who have come in on loan have been good and credit to all of them."

Dodoo, 23, is under contract at Rangers until the summer of 2020.

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Jermaine Defoe was signed in January, participated in 20 games, of which we lost four:

- Kilmarnock away 1-2, he played 79 mins and scored our goal

- Celtic away 1-2, he played 7 (as in seven) mins

- Kilmarnock away 1-2, he played 9 (as in nine) mins

- Aberdeen home, cup 0-2, he played 24 mins.

We won 13 games and drew the rest. IF ANYTHING, we signed him too late!  He has 8 goals and 7 assists to his name with us.

Defoe has the best goals to minutes played ratio in the league at 118 minutes per goal. The best ratio the yahoos have is Edouard on 129 minutes per goal. 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

During the first half of the season, the line-up of Killie has been documented as well ...

Transfermarkt is unreliable for formations.it has us playing 4-3-3 to the end of the season.  Stewart played either CAM or or right sided attacking midfield for Kilmarnock. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Transfermarkt is unreliable for formations.it has us playing 4-3-3 to the end of the season.  Stewart played either CAM or or right sided attacking midfield for Kilmarnock. 

... according to our website we did.

But we don`t need to debate this to death. He was (or is going to be) signed with something in mind. Let`s stay on topic, as the team will be back in training roundabout the 18th of June and lots of transfer talk is about (and we might even get a comment or two from Stevie_4lads, once he stops debating the better half of the Candeias family .... :D )

Edited by der Berliner

Meanwhile, some murmurs over on FF led me to check newsnow and Teamtalk and HITC seem to think that we are interested in Killie striker Eamonn Brophy, with Derby and Leeds also checking him out.

Wonder when Stevie-4lads is turning his 8,8-FLAK that way ...

While the arrival of Ojo seems to be rather likely, the rumour that Villa are willing to bid 10m for Kent may shoot down any hopes of us getting him back ... but in saying that, it takes more than one team making bids for a transfer to happen.

The amount of SPL players we're bringing in/looking at concerns me.  We need better quality to win things.

Hopefully Gerrard is just beefing up the squad and we'll have some 'marquee' signings arriving in July and August.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

While the arrival of Ojo seems to be rather likely, the rumour that Villa are willing to bid 10m for Kent may shoot down any hopes of us getting him back ... but in saying that, it takes more than one team making bids for a transfer to happen.

I think it's safe to say there's no way Villa or anyone else would be bidding £10m for Ryan Kent if he hadn't had the benefit of last season with Rangers. Which makes me wonder of loan contracts are ever structured to provide the likes of Rangers with a share of any significant sell on value? Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think it's safe to say there's no way Villa or anyone else would be bidding £10m for Ryan Kent if he hadn't had the benefit of last season with Rangers. Which makes me wonder of loan contracts are ever structured to provide the likes of Rangers with a share of any significant sell on value? Just a thought.

That's an interesting idea Bill.  It wouldn't typically be something that would be included in a loan deal but if we can demonstrate consistently that we can add value to players, perhaps it puts us in a strong negotiating position to get such a clause in future loans.  ?? 

24 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m calling bull on Kent to Villa for £10m. There’s no way he’s ready for the EPL or worth that kind of cash. Time will tell. 

Difficult to say if Kent is EPL level. Is John McGinn? Though I too would question the £10 million. But in the monopoly money world of the EPL who knows.