The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Snatched from FF

RANGERS’ latest bid for George Edmundson has been thrown out by Oldham.
By SCOTT BURNS
PUBLISHED: 22:03, Wed, May 29, 2019 | UPDATED: 22:13, Wed, May 29, 2019

The Light Blues tabled a second offer of around £500,000 plus add-ons at the start of the week, but it has been turned down by the League Two outfit.

Championship duo Wigan and Hull City have also been given short shrift over the past 24 hours.

Edmundson’s preference is to move north and he has already knocked back a new contract from his club and put in a transfer request.

Rangers have made it clear they won’t be held to ransom, though, and unless there is a compromise they could walk away from the deal for now

If Edmundson doesn’t move elsewhere, Rangers could sign him on a pre-contract in January.

That would be as he goes into the last six months of his deal, although Oldham would still be entitled to training compensation.

Meanwhile, Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty has distanced himself from reports linking him with a move to Apollon Limassol.

The Northern Irishman will have talks over his future on his return from holiday after falling out of the first-team picture

Sun reporting Celtiic are interested in a Player called Christhian Stuani. According to twitter the Sun have lifted the storey from a Mexican newspaper, who have confused Celtic and Rangers

32 year old Uruguayan Striker, according to Transfermakt 19 goals in 32 appearances last year, can play across the front 3

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cristhian-stuani/profil/spieler/59323

6 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Sun reporting Celtiic are interested in a Player called Christhian Stuani. According to twitter the Sun have lifted the storey from a Mexican newspaper, who have confused Celtic and Rangers

32 year old Uruguayan Striker, according to Transfermakt 19 goals in 32 appearances last year, can play across the front 3

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cristhian-stuani/profil/spieler/59323

this the guy that flopped at middlesbrough a few years back?

I have to admit that I hardly checked what happens beyond the Clyde with regards to transfers, and found a good handfull of names on their teamsheet at the first Old Firm game last season that I never really heard of ... or who stood out in any comment or previous news reports.

1 hour ago, Dave M609 said:

According to twitter the Sun have lifted the storey from a Mexican newspaper, who have confused Celtic and Rangers

Stuani is way out of our league. There is no chance we are in the race to sign him,

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Stuani is way out of our league. There is no chance we are in the race to sign him,

I tend to agree. 

His club, Girona, were just relegated, but even so, I see a Spanish side snapping him up.