The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Bids for Tavernier are inevitable surely. What a season. I think 8 digit bids are very unlikely for a 27/28 year old right back playing in Scotland though. I’d love to be proved wrong on that one but the big money seems to be reserved for young players with big potential. 

A newly promoted team (Aston Villa) can't afford to buy in young players with potential, what they do need is someone who will land running and unfortunately for us Tav fits that profile. £10 million is very little outlay in that regard.

Edited by onevision

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

According to sky Kent has arrived in Glasgow to extend his stay with Rangers for another year 

I fell for that earlier too Ian... It is a spoof account :ninja:

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Polster is an unknown and Flanagan has nowhere near the footballing ability Tav has.  

Maybe but €10 million could potentially give us a chance of getting a decent number 10 or creative midfielder. Tav would be a miss but some decent acquisitions in those areas would make the difference IMO.  

29 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Have you seen the videos of Polster? He looks very dynamic and likes to get forward. We also have Flanagan, who is actually a RB (I think?)

Flanagan may be a RB and may defend better than Tav - but we will lose a lot of our attacking threat if we lose Tav - completely different players.

Polster - completely unproven

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Flanagan may be a RB and may defend better than Tav - but we will lose a lot of our attacking threat if we lose Tav - completely different players.

Polster - completely unproven

I agree but it's about balancing out what we have and what we need to get the next level. Tav would be a loss but if it means we can hopefully improve other areas of the team, that loss would be worth it IMO.