The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Some info on Ryan Kent ...

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko

Alan Nixon hat Chris Maguire retweetet

Liverpool would prefer to loan him now. Villa can only take two loans in Prem.

RFC99‏ @rangers1015 22 Min.vor 22 Minuten

Antwort an @reluctantnicko

Rangers in the driving seat in that case, Kent said he didn’t want a loan move again unless it was to Rangers.

BrownBrogues of FF

From what I heard this morning Nixon has his info spot on. Leeds enquired and were told Liverpool are in no rush to sell him and may decide to loan he and Wilson back out for the season.

They're not marquee signings, but I'm pleased to get Jones and Stewart. (Has Stewart actually been confirmed?)

They'll give the squad something different; added depth, a bit of creativity, and a goal-threat, especially from distance. 

To get, arguably, two of the best players -- at least best performers -- in the league for nothing, is great business. 

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

They're not marquee signings, but I'm pleased to get Jones and Stewart. (Has Stewart actually been confirmed?)

They'll give the squad something different; added depth, a bit of creativity, and a goal-threat, especially from distance. 

To get, arguably, two of the best players -- at least best performers -- in the league for nothing, is great business. 

Yes Stevie 4 lads has confirmed it.;)

20 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Barton, Kranjcar and Alves were marquee signings,.......... Morelos, Kamara and Tav wren't.

Barton, Kranjcar and Alves : 41 league games for Rangers between them...How much in wages ?

One season of Tav and half a season of Kamara beats that number out of the park.

For varying reasons, Barton, Kranjcar and Alves showed why you should be very careful when going down the expensive named veteran route.

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Barton, Kranjcar and Alves were marquee signings,.......... Morelos, Kamara and Tav wren't

Goldson was an example of a "marquee" signing of sorts. He cost real money and and we all expected that we were getting a top player who we thought would be out of our range.

This is the kind of "marquee" signing I want to see again. The squad filler signings are fine but we need to improve the starting 11. Re-signing Kent doesn't get me excited because I want to see us start the season with a stronger starting 11, not the same starting 11 with a different bench which is arguably where we are so far.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Barton, Kranjcar and Alves were marquee signings,.......... Morelos, Kamara and Tav wren't.

Barton, Kranjcar and Alves : 41 league games for Rangers between them...How much in wages ?

One season of Tav and half a season of Kamara beats that number out of the park.

For varying reasons, Barton, Kranjcar and Alves showed why you should be very careful when going down the expensive named veteran route.

That's rather pointless a statement, IMHO. People have been in raptures about Tav this season, as he scored sooooooo many penalties (and two more goals) and has a fair amount of assists. Last season he played in AFAIK every mauling we received from the Scum and was miserable on nigh each occasion bar the 2-3 defeat at Ibrox. This season he played the pass that killed any chance of the title and possible CL millions. Likewise, this season Tav (and Kamara) had better defenders / midfielders who played better as a unit than e.g. Alves or Barton had. Obviously, what do we actually know about their wages?

IMHO, Alves was the best defender we had about, did well enough at first with Cardoso, despite an ailing midfield and fullbacks who bombed forward and left the CDs exposed more often than not. The team generally played way below standard, no matter what they were paid. Many factors worked against us last season, quite a few of those were eradicated this season. And with the latter I don`t mean selling Alves, Kranjcar and Barton.

Word on FF that Kent wants to go out on loan again, only to us, and doesn`t fancy any permanent switch. Any deal for Kent would not stop a Ojo loan.

We told you how Leeds were interested in Ryan Kent and wanted to do a double deal for Harry Wilson.

But now the Scottish Daily Mail report that Rangers are close to an agreement with Liverpool to take Kent back for next season.

The winger loved his time and Glasgow and is believed to want it to happen and Rangers are confident the deal can be completed.

It’s also suggested that the move wouldn’t kill any interest in Kent’s Liverpool team-mate Sheyi Ojo.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/gers-close-to-kent-loan-deal-with-liverpool.78162/

Add to that a new bid for Edmundson.

Edited by der Berliner