The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Finally! I can stop asking if he's signed!

I think this is a good signing.

It all depends on SG getting the best out of him. Stewart was a standout at Kilmarnock, yet floundered at Aberdeen.

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It all depends on SG getting the best out of him. Stewart was a standout at Kilmarnock, yet floundered at Aberdeen.

Played beside Arfield I think he will do well. Better than Jones imo. 

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

He is far too technical for Aberdeen. McInnes just wants cloggers.

10 hours ago, pete said:

He is far too technical for Aberdeen. McInnes just wants cloggers.

Spot on @pete. Killie aren’t very technical but Clarke was clever enough to use him

properly. 

I did a wee bit of maths and Kilmarnock got 8 points less in the second of the season than if they had performed the same as they did in the first half.

I said when we signed Jones that if we were looking at a Killie player it should be Stewart and I said that Killie would fall away without him. I made the mistake of underestimating Clarke obviously but 8 points more would have seen them finish only 3 points behind us.

They lost Stewart but brought in Alex Bruce, Mulumbu and a youth player from Liverpool so you could even say the loss of Stewart alone would have cost far more than 8 points if they hadn't brought in 3 decent players at the same time.