The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Middleton needs games. He's not going to get that here.

Ojo gives us something different; he's a skilful, creative player that can play a part in the first-team. 

Seems logical, to me.   

With respect, Rousseau, that's not quite my point. Ojo is likely a Liverpudlian at heart; Middleton - who is also skilful and creative  - is one of our own, part of our soul for years to come, if that is not too pompous.

1 hour ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

When routine bites hard
And ambitions are low
And resentment rides high
But emotions won't grow
And we're changing our ways
Taking different roads......

Joy Division - Kent imminent??

5 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Could it be a three-quarter ton Land Rover?

Ojo the Fermer.

That is what I think it is a jeep\land rover type vehicle.

Looking at appearance stats and nothing else (ie. stop here if you think that worthless !!).......

Ojo seems to have made a real mark at English Championship level with Fulham in 2017/18 and the subsequent step-up to the French top flight saw him struggle to make the same impact. 

The SPFL is probably seen as going back a level to enable him to get more game time although being Rangers, the demands are such it still presents the young man with a more than significant challenge.

The fact that two seasons ago, he did well enough at Fulham to get a lot of gametime at Championship level is a major positive and if his attitude is right, I'm sure he can make a contribution.

That said, starting berths for our plethora of wingers should be about performance levels and what they bring for specific games, nothing else.

Edited by buster.

12 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

With respect, Rousseau, that's not quite my point. Ojo is likely a Liverpudlian at heart; Middleton - who is also skilful and creative  - is one of our own, part of our soul for years to come, if that is not too pompous.

I don't think Middleton is creative and skilful, but that's an aside. 

I think that's valid, but Middleton won't be here in years to come if he doesn't get games now. He won't get that here, this season. He's not good enough yet. 

Ojo can play a part now, presumably, gives us something different, and we don't have to worry about developing him per se. 

I don't see the issue -- although, I appreciate the sentiment.

To be honest, I don't think the transfers are related at all. We're not replacing one with the other. Middleton should go out on loan--should have last season, IMO--and we needed to bring in another creative option, although I would still hope to see a quality #10 signed.  

1 hour ago, buster. said:

That said, starting berths for our plethora of wingers should be about performance levels and what they bring for specific games, nothing else.

That's how it should be, I think. Last season we were hampered with very few options. We look to have rectified that for this coming season, even if there is still a question mark over their overall quality.

I actually think I prefer the idea of signing a few creative options, rather than one top-class player. I still want that signing, though!

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That's how it should be, I think. Last season we were hampered with very few options. We look to have rectified that for this coming season, even if there is still a question mark over their overall quality.

I actually think I prefer the idea of signing a few creative options, rather than one top-class player. I still want that signing, though!

Given how many options we have on the left, instead of trying to add Kent, I think we'd be better using the cash for other positions.

You could argue that Kent can play in the middle but I'm not convinced his game is conducive to the number 10 role.

Edited by buster.