The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

19 minutes ago, compo said:

we are going to have a hefty  wage bill if we don't start unloading some staff .

Looks like priority is to get players in so as to hit the proverbial ground running then look to offload/loan/pay-off players as other teams  look to sort out their squads.

European group stage money is a long way a way but would come in very handy.

Skrtel on the radar again. Might be the final piece of the puzzle. We have a consistently high scoring side so reducing goals conceded may take us that final step.

37 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Skrtel on the radar again. Might be the final piece of the puzzle. We have a consistently high scoring side so reducing goals conceded may take us that final step.

I thought Rangers had just "categorically" ruled it out?

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Dont know like. I like Katic a lot yet he will be the one to miss out.

On 28/06/2019 at 09:28, DMAA said:

That wasn’t what I took from what he has said. I thought he said he needs a centre back but is happy with what he has apart from

that.  

I'm not sure what interview you're referring to but I'm talking about Thursday's interview.  He was asked "Will there be any more signings?" and he replied "yes there will definitely be more coming in during this window, and some outgoings too".

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Seeing reports that it’s still a possibility. In general I would have ruled it out since it’s previously been mooted so many times with no result. But that’s exactly how the Defoe transfer played out.

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Daily record reporter said in the Record Rangers podcast “that will be news to the player who is due in Glasgow” or something like that. They were only claiming it was discussions. 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I'm not sure what interview you're referring to but I'm talking about Thursday's interview.  He was asked "Will there be any more signings?" and he replied "yes there will definitely be more coming in during this window, and some outgoings too".

I can’t remember, I guess it depends what kind of a question he’s asked. In a response he gave some time this week he was quite reserved and only mentioned centre back as a position he needs a player for. Of course it’s likely there will be more than one addition though

Fanatik report Fenerbahce have given a deadline to Martin Skrtel after making their final offer to the Slovakian.

Skrtel, who’s been heavily linked with a move to Rangers, will become a free agent in the coming days and will soon decide his future. His former Liverpool teammate Steven Gerrard is reportedly keen to bring him to Ibrox on a free transfer.

According to Fanatik, Rangers are still interested in signing Skrtel, and Fener are set to hold talks with the player to see what happens next.

The Super Lig club still have some hope of retaining the 34 year old and they’ve offered him a yearly salary of €2m. Skrtel now has until the July 3rd to accept this proposal from the Yellow Canaries.

If the decision turns out to be a negative one for Fener, then the Turkish giants will enter the market for a central defender, with Huddersfield Town’s Zanka an option.

Rangers, meanwhile are seen as a favourite to land the defender, and it remains to be seen if these are just old claims dragged back out or genuine new interest.

Rangers a favourite to land Steven Gerrard target, talks held, Wednesday will be key