The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, pete said:

I have no idea why there is so much animosity against Warburton. He tried his best which wasn't good enough but why so many fans hate him is a mystery to me. What happened to the magic hat?

I imagine it's cause he walked out on us mid season for a smaller club. 

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I imagine it's cause he walked out on us mid season for a smaller club. 

I suppose you can look at that 2 ways. He knew there was a breakdown with the board and left a job to go to a job. He could have done an Ally McCoist and milked the club to the end of his contract. I wish him all the best.

20 minutes ago, pete said:

I have no idea why there is so much animosity against Warburton. He tried his best which wasn't good enough but why so many fans hate him is a mystery to me. What happened to the magic hat?

I suppose it's because the only kind of quitter people tend to tolerate is the one who can admit they just weren't up to the task.

15 minutes ago, pete said:

I suppose you can look at that 2 ways. He knew there was a breakdown with the board and left a job to go to a job. He could have done an Ally McCoist and milked the club to the end of his contract. I wish him all the best.

oh he tried that but fucked it up. 

withdrawn resignation remember. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

oh he tried that but fucked it up. 

withdrawn resignation remember. 

His entire leaving process was a farce of indecision and confusion. Pretty much like the playing squad he left behind.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Barrie McKay was superb under Warburton, he's able to get the best out of him, that's a good move for QPR and the player. 

Personally I hope it works out for Warburton and all the ex-Rangers players at QPR. For various reasons it didn't work out for Warburton with us, but he got us up playing very watchable football and gave me one of my most enjoyable ever matches that day at Hampden. Good luck to him. 

Spot on @JohnMc, although it was very frustrating that he failed to learn any tactical options or variable formations, when it worked it was lovely to watch, and a penalty shoot-out win over the bheasts at Hampden will live long in the memory, whcih of course included a screamer from a certain Barrie McKay.