Barisic Out Of St Pats Match

'Same injury'

Rangers star Borna Barisic out ST Pats clash and will miss at least two weeks

A scan on on the injury suffered while on Croatia duty has revealed he's injured the same left ankle he's previously had trouble with at Gers

BORNA BARISIC has revealed he's out of the ST Pats showdown and will miss at least two weeks after crocking himself on international duty with Croatia.

The left-back hobbled off during Croatia's surprise defeat to Hungary this week after he had played and scored against Azerbaijan last week in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.

Barisic had a scan in Zagreb before he returned to Glasgow to look at the extent of the injury.

But the news was not good with the 26-year-old injuring the same left ankle he'd previously had trouble with at Rangers.

And he admitted he's gutted to be missing another game against ST Pats - after being unable to play in the December win at Ibrox.

He said: "It's the same injury I had before on my left leg and I will miss a minimum of two weeks.

"I'm sorry that I will have to skip the big derby with ST Pats.

"Unfortunately, it's not the first time I have had to miss the biggest match in Scotland either.

"Now I have to focus on recovery.

"I did the best I could for my country against Hungary, but we suffered a disappointing defeat."

Barisic's injury will come as a major blow to Steven Gerrard, who is likely now to rely on Andy Halliday to operate at left-back against ST Pats at the chamber of secrets.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4047688/borna-barisic-rangers-celtic-injured-out-old-firm/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1553676660

3 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Will our true left back with plenty of experience maybe make the bench, no not Flanagan but our ex club captain, or is SG under orders not to use him????

Apparently he hasn't been playing well in the games he's played recently,

Going into the game on the 29th of December all the signs pointed to our squad running on empty but SG decided to gamble on the fitness of several players, partly down to the winter break allowing a window for recovery.... He galvanised the spirit and determination of the team and we beat them for the first time for a while. 

Unless Halliday has his leg hanging off, I think he'll play and I'm sure will have the right attitude for the game.

As many have mentioned, the midfield is where the decisions are for SG&Co.

My only two words on it are.........Play McCrorie 

Edited by buster.