GN Pod - Last episode of season 2018/19 now available

Great listen as always. Thanks and well done to all for providing the content.

On the goals summary, i think someone mentioned it, but the lack of 25-30 yarders has been evident for some years now. I would take winning any day of the week but hopefully its an aspect we can improve on. 

Great pod as usual guys.  As always, I agree with some of it, disagree with some it, but enjoy all of it.  I was surprised at how many of the guys on the pod agreed with @pete that Gerrard is to blame for sticking with Worrall and that cost us the league.  I know we are all entitled to an opinion, but as @JohnMc has now coined the phrase "you are all wrong". ?  Great to hear Graham give his opinions (and movie quote) on the pod and he's got to be involved more next season.

It won't be long until we are back in action so have a well earned break from your duties and we will all look forward to more next season.  Well done to you all ??????

39 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Great pod as usual guys.  As always, I agree with some of it, disagree with some it, but enjoy all of it.  I was surprised at how many of the guys on the pod agreed with @pete that Gerrard is to blame for sticking with Worrall and that cost us the league.  I know we are all entitled to an opinion, but as @JohnMc has now coined the phrase "you are all wrong". ?  Great to hear Graham give his opinions (and movie quote) on the pod and he's got to be involved more next season.

It won't be long until we are back in action so have a well earned break from your duties and we will all look forward to more next season.  Well done to you all ??????

Oh @petee you honestly didn’t say that?! Sorry I missed it even more now 

Edited by Stevie - 4lads Blog

33 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

As i haven't listened back yet i am not sure my exact words but I don't think Worrel was his only bad decision. I think he could have changed thing quicker at times. for me Katic was far better in the air. Worrel is 6ft 4in and jumps 5ft 10in. Worrels build up play was crap while he thought he was Beckenbauer. Katic is simple. Win the ball and give it to the players that can do something with it. Was Gerrard caught by an ultimatum from Notts forrest I have no idea but either way it was easy to see that Worrel made Goldson nervous and he played his best games with Katic next to him.

Katic

12 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I don't think anyone agreed with Pete on that specific point? 

A few folk did think this season was an opportunity missed so that manager did have to take his fair share of the blame on that front but I think everyone (Pete included) also said they were very happy with Gerrard's efforts in a general sense and were looking forward to improvement next season.

We did experience tangible progress this season but we now need even more next: both in terms of a proper title challenge and our first (proper) silverware since administration.  

The league was indisputably there for the taking. Only 2 or 3 games or so where we could have taken the points made the difference the last game at the piggery being one of them. If we had won that piggery game and everything else panned out the same we would have finished on 81 points while they would have finished on 84.

That close.

12 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I'll try my best to get on more often in the future with even more little Easter eggs for you @Gaffer. :D

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

The league was indisputably there for the taking. Only 2 or 3 games or so where we could have taken the points made the difference the last game at the piggery being one of them. If we had won that piggery game and everything else panned out the same we would have finished on 81 points while they would have finished on 84.

That close.

Its still a loss though isn't it? Going into the winter break we were equal on points. Celtic pushed on in the second half of the season and improved their points tally. We had three less draws from three less games. Personally I don't think being neck and neck was enough of a challenge to worry a team used to winning titles. I think we needed to be in front going into the winter break, have made a serious challenge in the cup competitions, to have any impact on the title race going down the final straight.

Edited by Big Jaws

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

I don't think anyone agreed with Pete on that specific point? 

A few folk did think this season was an opportunity missed so that manager did have to take his fair share of the blame on that front but I think everyone (Pete included) also said they were very happy with Gerrard's efforts in a general sense and were looking forward to improvement next season.

We did experience tangible progress this season but we now need even more next: both in terms of a proper title challenge and our first (proper) silverware since administration.  

That's fair Frankie, but a few said they agreed with Pete so I didn't appreciate it was more the general point around missed opportunities. On reflection, Pete just sounds grumpy sometimes so that's why even his praise for Gerrard maybe still sounded like criticism ?