GN Pod - Last episode of season 2018/19 now available

1 hour ago, Big Jaws said:

Personally I don't think being neck and neck was enough of a challenge to worry a team used to winning titles.

I think it would have worried me and I know it worried their hordes. This is a team used to a procession towards titles with no real challenge at all the title effectively being wrapped up by the winter break.

And the discussion on the pod centred around have we made progress under Gerrard?  It has to be said that yes we have and that's the general view even outside our blue tinted view of it. I don't recall Warburton getting much of a budget in his SPL season but Pedro got one and got us nothing but the same third place we had occupied the previous season plus humiliated by minnows in Europe.

Gerrard got a budget too but he secured an acceptable money spinning Euro run and a comfortable second place plus two dominant wins over the yahoos after having had no wins at all since our return. That has to be progress.

54 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

That's fair Frankie, but a few said they agreed with Pete so I didn't appreciate it was more the general point around missed opportunities. On reflection, Pete just sounds grumpy sometimes so that's why even his praise for Gerrard maybe still sounded like criticism ?

I think Pete is right to balance out the praise towards SG with some merited criticism.

The context of it being his first season in management helps towards a positive verdict and I'd agree with that shout.

However, he now has to show he has learnt from the mistakes and the general experience.

For me, for 19/20 to be successful, this has to be when SG really makes his mark and show that he can reach higher levels as a manager.

Hopefully this is ok to post this here.  If any of you are in need of even more football chat to keep you going, I suggest you listen to the Football Daft podcast.  It's run by Ewan Cameron and Grado, and I laughed out loud on a few occasions.  The various BBC programmes as we know are a disaster, biased, and boring.  This however is great fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  I've just listened to the first pod where they had Kris Commons on.  He was really good on it and great fun too.  Give it a listen.