[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Kent 63)

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Good post. It's nice to read about the positives--of which there are a few.

Worral is starting to remind me of Cardoso 1-on-1. 

Now that you mention it, I think that is very accurate! The big man is never going to be a top defender when he cant win a 1 on 1. Thankfully he leaves in 7 games time. Yes, i'm on full countdown mode now to the end of another ineffective trophy-less season. Improvements have been made, but the old failings are still there and are getting magnified more and more as the cost of our squad and wage bill increases.

19 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

What? Kamara was one who showed composure on the ball and did not give it away once. Davis, for all his few seconds, set up a brilliant chance near the end which Jack, Arfield and Co. didn't manage all game? Defoe hardly got to the ball? It was them on the park those last 10 minutes, when we had them under the cosh? In fact, I had hoped that all three were on at half-time.

Well thats definitely one way to look at it. 

Not even close to the way I saw it. Kamara didnt give the ball away, but didnt give us any positive momentum. SG picked Jack to start ahead of him, when Kamara's composure may have been better in the first half when we were needing it more, but I was commenting on making subs to positively influence the game. We were well on top by the time Kamara came on, and that swap for Jack was like for like and made little difference to the last 10 mins. Defoe didnt get a sniff. Davis had hardly any time to make any impact and you rightly say he had one forward run which may have led to something better, but didnt. I think it is safe to say our subs didnt change the game, our shape, or anything tactical about the game.

Which was my point.

11 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Anybody seen SG's after match comments yet? I turned off at the FT whistle. 

Any official confirmation about further cards in the tunnel?

Halliday sent off - second caution 

Gerrard can’t defend Morelos, will recommend he is fined weeks wages

proud of second half etc 

2 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Halliday sent off - second caution 

Gerrard can’t defend Morelos, will recommend he is fined weeks wages

proud of second half etc 

I think he's going to reimburse the fans ticket money from the Buffaloes two weeks fine 

Another 50k round trip through the hills of Mallorca to watch the game. I was reasonably sanguine on the way back, nursing an agua sin gas for two hours has that effect. 

The first half was a right off, another cross field pass outside the opposition box, sees us punished a few seconds later. I lost it before with Alfredo after the Ufa Europa Cup qualifier, his failure to adhere to team discipline is terminal. I love his goals, his play, and commitment; but he has been suckered once too often. Broonaldo will be congratulated and lionised.

The second half saw a massive improvement. We equalised deservedly, and had our opportunities to win it. We didn't because of another defensive error, a misplaced pass under no pressure allowed Lennon and ra green'n'grey hordes out of jail. 

There is solace tonight, a bag of fresh Porto Soller langoustines, a sobrasada picante, and a bottle of Albarino.

We have to defeat both Hearts and Motherwell, if we want to pass last season's points total of 70.