Morelos and his "chimp brain"

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

I don't want players with "chimp" brains;.

I don't want players with "chump" brains; 

I want players with  "champ" brains.

Not much to ask, really.

It’s at times like this we find poetry moments of genius........The Booker Prize awaits?

23 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

It’s at times like this we find poetry moments of genius........The Booker Prize awaits?

How could I compete with this deathless prose from former recipient, Jas. Kelman:

"Ah'm fuckin' fucked tae fuck"?

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

How could I compete with this deathless prose from former recipient, Jas. Kelman:

Whatever became of James Kelman?

Last I saw him, he was lying, jarring open the door to the Scotia Bar. It was a very hot day and I thanked him for providing a most necessary service. He failed to acknowledge my approval.

25 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Whatever became of James Kelman?

Last I saw him, he was lying, jarring open the door to the Scotia Bar. It was a very hot day and I thanked him for providing a most necessary service. He failed to acknowledge my approval.

Manners maketh the man, as my late mother would say.

Kelman is still around and still writing, as far as I know. Whether he is enjoying a continuation of his literary moment in the sun is open to debate. 

Uncharitably, perhaps, the thought occurs that wance you huv read wan ae the cu nt's books, you huv read them aw. 

Edited by Uilleam

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Sounds very Glasgow to me,.........a man who knows his subject ?

12 hours ago, andy gray said:

The article is using the term 'chimp brain' in an article which clearly explains that it is a psychological concept, not an insult. Has the OP actually read the article?

If this had been a single piece, it would have been 'understandable', however the context behind this is a player who in this paper and elsewhere has been subject to language that is disgraceful.  We are either living in a world where free speech is acceptable, and I wish that was the case, or we are not.  How can this crap be published and regarded as acceptable and yet we have politicians up in arms at less offensive material?