The Celtic / Israel Paradox

I retract nothing. Particularly when it's a figment of someone's lack of imagination. Hope that helps disperse those troublesome darkly clouds. ?️

I am however happy to repeat what I did say so long ago that only the sad, bitter and obsessed would still rattle on about it ... that there can be few peoples the world would miss less than the Palestinians if they all disappeared tomorrow. This situation could of course be changed rapidly if the Palestinians stopped overdosing on victimhood and self-harm, and engaged with the rest of the world in a more constructive and practical manner, even if that meant Palestinian elites having to give up some of their film star lifestyles.

What any of us post here isn't relevant to the issue. What any of the groups involved in the Israel situation have to say is what's relevant and I know of only one side who have discussed genociding anyone.

There has always been a conflicting narrative of the activities of Hitler and the nazis within the Muslim world with many of the same people on the one hand praising the holocaust and expressing a desire to complete it while on the other denying it even happened.

In the Muslim world in general there has always been widespread chatter condoning genocide of not just Israelis but Jews anywhere they may be found and that idea is referenced in the Hamas charter.

“The Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realization of Allah’s promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: ‘The day of judgment will not come until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jews will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say ‘O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.”

That's an open call for genocide and take note that Israel isn't even mentioned, just Jews. 

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/04/15/news/anti-semitic-abuse-filmed-in-derry-pub-branded-as-disgusting--1597985/

Anti-semitic abuse filmed in Derry pub branded as 'disgusting'

CLAIRE SIMPSON

15 April, 2019 09:21

Several men in Derry's Bogside were videoed making anti-semitic comments after a Jewish filmmaker asked why so many Palestinian flags were flying in the area

A video showing several men spouting anti-semitic abuse has been condemned by politicians across the political divide.

Several men were interviewed in a pub in Derry's Bogside by Jewish playwright and journalist Tuvia Tenenbom (62).

In the clip, Mr Tenenbom asked drinkers why so many Palestinian flags were flying in the area.

"You have a lot of Palestinian flags here? Why do you support them?" he said.

One man answered: "Because we hate the f***ing Jews."

"The Israelis are child-murdering scum.

"They stole their land and killed their children."

One of the group shouted: "The only thing Hitler did wrong was he didn't kill enough f***ing Jews."

The man added: "They're the scourge of the world, the scourge of the earth."

Mr Tenenbom was filming in Derry for part of a documentary series he was making on Brexit.

The comments have been condemned by politicians including DUP leader Arlene Foster, Alliance leader Naomi Long and Ulster Unionist MLA Doug Beattie.

Mrs Foster branded the comments as "disgusting".

"The small Jewish community in Northern Ireland will always have my support and that of all right thinking people," she said.

Mrs Long said she hoped the comments would be investigated.

"No place for this disgusting anti-semitism in our society. None," she tweeted. 

"Neither have you any credibility criticising the actions of the Israeli state whilst making such despicable comments about Jewish people and praising Hitler and the Holocaust. I hope action will be taken here."

Mr Beattie tweeted: "This must be condemned by all right minded people & all political representatives and parties."

"But I certainly don’t think this is mainstream thinking in Londonderry or anywhere else in Northern Ireland."

I counted two Israeli flags in amongst the Spurs fans, at CoMS, on Wednesday night and one Israeli flag in amongst the Ajax fans, in Turin.

I'm sure a poster on here has vexiphobia and an aversion to Israel.  I was a wee bit worried about him