1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Comment on a Hearts forum prior to the game.

Attendance:

35 minutes ago, craig said:

Actual or including non-attending ST holders ?

Looked like about 40000 from where I was sitting.

Good to see JFK-1 picking a fight with reality though.

Titter.

45 minutes ago, craig said:

Actual or including non-attending ST holders ?

I dunno, missed the game and just quoting the media figures. But I'm confident it wasn't 20,000 down.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 3 - 0 Hearts

Three good goals three points and a decent display after Sunday's disappointment. 

Well done lads :crest

And you could have got a handsome 25/1for Defoe and three nil .

Edited by compo

Thought we were excellent last night for much of the game.

Some of the football - primarily in the first 20-25mins of each half - was superb and, although Hearts sat deep and packed their defence, our players moved the ball quickly and also shuttled around themselves to keep Hearts guessing.

We also took the best chances that came our way and it's no coincidence that Tav was again our main creator, having a fine game from right back.  I also felt Jack was immense before he was taken off whilst Davis and Kamara both used the ball well too.  I wasn't sure about Defoe being up front on his own but between them Arfield and Kent did a good job of offering support.

All in all, a positive night and a fine result after a dodgy few weeks.

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 3 - 0 Hearts
3 hours ago, craig said:

Quite easy to draw a comparison.  

You bemoan anyone criticizing Flanagan.  Yet you yourself criticized, heavily and uncomplimentary, Kyle Hutton.

its a valid comparison if you can see past your defensive outlook.

Call it rubbish all you like but you DID complain about Hutton and you ARE criticizing those who now complain about Flanagan.  And it IS called hypocrisy (something we ALL are culpable of from time to time)

IMHO, the above is just looking for a debate and you try looking smart about it.

I don`t "bemoan anyone" who`s got an opinion on Flanagan, but state how I view him and what I want a defender to be.  That`s not exactly throwing grenades out of a ditch. SG got him here and he did, as a defender, admirably enough. As he did yesterday. I asked those laying into him a few times what they actually expect him to do or whom he should emulate, with no reply.

Hutton, what a comparison! Someone who at young age rose to fame in a couple of games alongside far greater players, it got to him, he lorded over the Rangers support (post admin) who questioned his attitude and play, became an average footballer, got binned by the club and acted like a mad-man every time he played against us. The archetype of a player who couldn`t handle the fame and sunk into mediocrity. You want to debate this?

WHen at us after admin, he played mainly because of the lack of having anyone else rather than his own talent. Perhaps you go back and re-view a few of the games back then and check out what sort of footballer he was, rather than drawing comparisons simply for debate's sake?!

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Thought we were excellent last night for much of the game.

Some of the football - primarily in the first 20-25mins of each half - was superb and, although Hearts sat deep and packed their defence, our players moved the ball quickly and also shuttled around themselves to keep Hearts guessing.

We also took the best chances that came our way and it's no coincidence that Tav was again our main creator, having a fine game from right back.  I also felt Jack was immense before he was taken off whilst Davis and Kamara both used the ball well too.  I wasn't sure about Defoe being up front on his own but between them Arfield and Kent did a good job of offering support.

All in all, a positive night and a fine result after a dodgy few weeks.

I would agree in that I was pleasantly surprised and delighted how well we played (Hearts were gash so that may have helped) in the first half hour, and the second half was cruise control. Agree Tav was superb and easily MOTM (Davis got the official one - must have been his Mammy choosing it!) Kamara had a solid game, as did Kent (however his final ball is still more often wasteful than accurate) and Defoe was busy and a threat all night.

I had no clue, and still dont, as to how our middle to front were supposed to operate last night. The keeper, back 4 and Defoe are obvious, and Kent was pretty much a left winger all night, cutting in sometimes but mainly out there. Kamara, Jack, Arfield, Davis were our other 4 in the midfield areas and at first I thought it was Davis sitting deep and Arfield in the front of a diamond, but the further the game went it wasnt very clear who was supposed to be doing what and where. Not such a problem when we score early, control the game and our opponents have a bad night, I just found it curious that I, and many around me, had no clue as to what shape we were sent out with? It seemed to work so i'm not complaining, but you can usually tell early on who is to sit where and what the roles are, but last night I couldnt. Maybe that is the way forward and we did seem to outnumber Hearts at times in the middle. A 4-5-1 with nobody on the right wing?

Where i completely disagree with your analysis (and not for the first time with this player!) is with Ryan Jack.  I get it that you think he is a very good player. But I thought he was anonymous yet again last night following on from his complete no-show on Sunday. The game passed him by as easily as a Hearts midfielder last night. Not one tackle he put in that I recall. Lots of energy and ground covering but not once did he win the ball back, make a positive forward pass, or get into the box to support. The difference when McCrorie came on for him was highly visible, winning tackles, making forward runs and passing positively. I stuck up for Jack when he was being targetted by referees, and he had a spell earlier this season when it seemed to click for him and he put in a few good performances in a row, but the last few weeks as our team have struggled, he has been posted missing far too often. I know SG likes him, but even he must know we cant have someone there who only plays to his potential every 3 or 4 games, and rarely performs well in the big games. The frustrating thing is i think there is a player there, but we dont see it anywhere near often enough, and when the chips are down, he downs tools quicker than most.