28 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Hutton, what a comparison! Someone who at young age rose to fame in a couple of games alongside far greater players, it got to him, he lorded over the Rangers support (post admin) who questioned his attitude and play, became an average footballer, got binned by the club and acted like a mad-man every time he played against us. The archetype of a player who couldn`t handle the fame and sunk into mediocrity. You want to debate this?

A bit confused here are we talking Alan Hutton,whom I don't remember playing against us ,or Kyle Hutton who flattered to deceive and nose-dived into the mediocre teams he  deserved.

You watched a different game from me then, TB.

In the first half at least, the midfield 5 interchanged neatly throughout.  I initially seen the formation as more of a 4-1-4-1 with Jack, Davis and Kamara all switching position and using the ball effectively with Arfield and Kent doing the same further forward to give the other players options.  Tav and even Flanagan also supported well and gave us width when we needed it.

This interchanging allowed us to move the ball quickly and the Hearts players didn't know whom to track and where to go.  It wasn't until they went from a back 3 to a 4 after 30mins or so that they finally got to grips with our play and we weren't quite as good when we changed back to more of a 4-5-1 to accommodate them.

Moreover, it was when Jack went off, this inter-changing play was less effective and the reason McCrorie may have showed up fairly well was because we had to win the ball back more from slack play; often because Grezda and Arfield were having to receive the ball from deep, straight from the defenders as our midfield wasn't so prominent.

FWIW, I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of any specific player and certainly not Jack but I'm prepared to offer praise where it's due for everyone.

18 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

A bit confused here are we talking Alan Hutton,whom I don't remember playing against us ,or Kyle Hutton who flattered to deceive and nose-dived into the mediocre teams he  deserved.

Kyle Hutton ... hence I noted that craig essentially argued for debate`s sake.

NB: at times you would hope that some players simply play the ball themselves, rather than - as if they need to - play the ball to another player who usually is covered or not as free as the pass-giver himself. A bit more (penetrating) running with the ball as well as taking the responsibiity to shoot themselves would be welcomed.

Edited by der Berliner

8 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Where i completely disagree with your analysis (and not for the first time with this player!) is with Ryan Jack.  I get it that you think he is a very good player. But I thought he was anonymous yet again last night following on from his complete no-show on Sunday. The game passed him by as easily as a Hearts midfielder last night. Not one tackle he put in that I recall. Lots of energy and ground covering but not once did he win the ball back, make a positive forward pass, or get into the box to support.

May I suggest that you watch the third goal again.

I think you will enjoy it a great deal.

I've just watched last night's game again and I'm at a loss to understand why anyone could possibly think Ryan Jack was "anonymous". Jack, Arfield or Kamara could all have been MOTM.

Perhaps it was mistaken identity. Rangers were playing in blue.