Gerrard charged by SFA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47814450

Scott Brown & Steven Gerrard face bans following Celtic v Rangers game

Celtic captain Scott Brown and Rangers manager Steven Gerrard face potential bans after being charged with disciplinary offences by the Scottish FA following Sunday's Old Firm game.And both clubs have been served notices of complaint after a mass confrontation of players at the end of the game.Rangers also await the outcome of Thursday's hearing over Ryan Kent's proposed two-match ban.

There were angry scenes as both sets of players confronted each other after the final whistle at Celtic Park, with the hosts having moved 13 points clear of Rangers at the top of the table.

That gap remains following Wednesday's results, with Celtic beating St Mirren and Rangers defeating Hearts.

Rangers did so without Morelos and Halliday but Kent played as the club await the outcome of Thursday's tribunal. Morelos will serve a further three matches of suspension.

Morelos was sent off for an elbow on Brown in the first half and Kent has been cited for a shove on the Celtic skipper just after the hosts scored their second goal.

Brown was also involved in a post-match exchange with Halliday, which led to the latter receiving a second booking and a red card.

Reports suggest Gerrard's charge relates to comments made towards match referee Bobby Madden.

Celtic host Livingston on Saturday and a win would clinch the title for Neil Lennon's side if Rangers lose at Motherwell on Sunday.

• Frankie changed the title to Gerrard charged by SFA

Really is so blatantly obvious the bias towards Rangers FC! unfortunately we don't have any aggressive attack dogs on our board! if the board don't start to highlight the bias towards our club then it will just get worse!.

I don't know what can be done but I do know we need to do something!.

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Really is so blatantly obvious the bias towards Rangers FC! unfortunately we don't have any aggressive attack dogs on our board! if the board don't start to highlight the bias towards our club then it will just get worse!.

I don't know what can be done but I do know we need to do something!.

What we need is someone like the Hibs CEO on in our boardroom. 

42 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Can we say this if we don't know what he said to the referee?

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

They are all adults would it not be better if the referee just gave him a mouth full back dont say people are so thin skinned these days that they are reporting every little thing , wont be long until you get booked for making faces .

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm not being specific, it is a general observation.

Since we have had our troubles and were voted out of top flight football, I believe we are refereed/judged differently from any other teams, I also believe for us to win anything we need to put in a performance where we score lots of goals without any dubious challenges because of the Scottish gutter press, trial by BBC Sportscene for instance.

As I posted earlier the Hearts player who grappled then threw Worrall to the deck went unpunished, nothing in it for me, but had any of our players did that you know what would happen.

I need to get off this paranoia run I am on!.

Scottish Sun ...

"Brown has until next Wednesday, April 10 to respond to the charge against him, with a principal hearing date set for Thursday, May 2."

... ahem, what? For Kent it takes three days, Brown has his hearing on May 2nd?

And ... "Celtic have since revealed they will fight the charges."

Honestly, they play the league as they want it, CO et al included. An utter joke ... and that clubs accept that is likewise totally beyond me.

If Brown gets away Scott-free, Rangers should wait till mid-June, sue the SFA and SPFL for match-rigging and distortion of competition ... and thus deny the Scum particpiation in the CL.

Edited by der Berliner