Gerrard charged by SFA

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Scottish Sun ...

"Brown has until next Wednesday, April 10 to respond to the charge against him, with a principal hearing date set for Thursday, May 2."

... ahem, what? For Kent it takes three days, Brown has his hearing on May 2nd?

And ... "Celtic have since revealed they will fight the charges."

Honestly, they play the league as they want it, CO et al included. An utter joke ... and that clubs accept that is likewise totally beyond me.

If Brown gets away Scott-free, Rangers should wait till mid-June, sue the SFA and SPFL for match-rigging and distortion of competition ... and thus deny the Scum particpiation in the CL.

Are you sure about that? If Rangers lose that lawsuit, if nothing else, Celtic could sue Rangers for loss of income in the CL, namely £30M.
Pick a fight where the chances are at least evens for a victory.

5 hours ago, barca72 said:

Are you sure about that? If Rangers lose that lawsuit, if nothing else, Celtic could sue Rangers for loss of income in the CL, namely £30M.
Pick a fight where the chances are at least evens for a victory.

All about doing it in a correct manner, at the correct place, and boxing clever. That said, "our" lawyers do have a dismal record.

Thing is, the SFA, the CO and the Yahoo do as they like, lead the rest - and primarily us - by the nose, despite glaring disparity in punishments for either side of the Old Firm (if it even comes to a punishment) ... and doing it in broad daylight.

4ScKBduL_x96.jpg

·
6m

Steven Gerrard told referee Bobby Madden he was a ‘Fucking Shambles’ Madden reported that Gerrard accepted his ban as a result Of all the behaviour we have seen from managers this warrants a ban from the SFA

He wasn’t exactly wrong !

16 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I'm not being specific, it is a general observation.

Since we have had our troubles and were voted out of top flight football, I believe we are refereed/judged differently from any other teams, I also believe for us to win anything we need to put in a performance where we score lots of goals without any dubious challenges because of the Scottish gutter press, trial by BBC Sportscene for instance.

As I posted earlier the Hearts player who grappled then threw Worrall to the deck went unpunished, nothing in it for me, but had any of our players did that you know what would happen.

I need to get off this paranoia run I am on!.

Paranoia includes being irrational Ian. Nothing you have said above is irrational therefore you are not paranoid. This shit is really happening!

If it was Colombia or Mexico, you would probably take it as normal. But what is happening in Scotland these days with the authorities is well and truly beyond it.

And not only the SFA, SPFL and CO, but even the Police - despite saying in advance that players should behave and not cause public unrest, after the Brown goading they come out with a statement saying that what he did was "in the wider context of the game" and hand responsibility to the football authorities.

You just hope that some US lawyer takes them to the cleaners about the child abuse stuff and wipes the smile of their grinning faces.

I thought at the time our banner wishing Stevie Clarke get well soon was crass and beneath us, the fact the tims have copied us only reinforces my initial thoughts.

The Onion Bears will be pleased that the Gangrene Brigate have copied them, it will give them credibility in their own eyes.

On 05/04/2019 at 11:17, der Berliner said:

If it was Colombia or Mexico, you would probably take it as normal. But what is happening in Scotland these days with the authorities is well and truly beyond it.

And not only the SFA, SPFL and CO, but even the Police - despite saying in advance that players should behave and not cause public unrest, after the Brown goading they come out with a statement saying that what he did was "in the wider context of the game" and hand responsibility to the football authorities.

You just hope that some US lawyer takes them to the cleaners about the child abuse stuff and wipes the smile of their grinning faces.

What’s a US lawyer going to do better than a UK lawyer ?  It isn’t the lawyer that determines damages, it is the judge.

US lawyers would be useless unless they know the UK legal system.

Damages in the UK would be a fraction of what they have been, or would be, in the US.  US damages are bonkers in their quantum.

True. But I think some harbour a hope that because one incident occurred in NYC the road is clear for a massive US Hollywood style payout. I fear that this hope like most others pining for the downfall of celtic, is unfounded.