Just read a report on "Tiny" a truly humbling read on a true Rangers legend.

Don't know how to paste it on here but more than worth taking the time to call up Rangers Official Site and take a read.

A truly deserved tribute to a wonderful lady:crest

I have put this topic in here but maybe it should be in Rangers Chat as "Tiny" was such a servant to our club,perhaps someone could oblige thanks.

Edited by MacK1950
Maybe wrong forum.

44 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

MacK1950 has posted this in football forum, but imo it deserves to be here. A true Ranger.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/features/tiny-and-a-true-family-dynasty/

She's a lovely woman and although she's never been one to seek attention, she deserves this acknowledgement for the role she's played at the club.  I didn't realise that other members of her family were involved too.

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

She's a lovely woman and although she's never been one to seek attention, she deserves this acknowledgement for the role she's played at the club.  I didn't realise that other members of her family were involved too.

We did the tour with Tiny.  Her family have worked for the club in some form or fashion for 100 years I believe

2 hours ago, craig said:

We did the tour with Tiny.  Her family have worked for the club in some form or fashion for 100 years I believe

Me too, I have done the tour a few times, but the one time I was lucky enough to have Tiny as my host was awesome, her family is steeped in the club, and her passion and integrity were obvious and what I believe is what our club is all about.

Well done Tiny a well-deserved tribute and fascinating account of her families links to the Rangers

The article opens with this (under a photo)

A VERY special guest – Mary ‘Tiny’ Gallacher – took in last night’s match and was given a guard of honour by some of the best players to have ever played for the club.

Nothing against the man but can someone tell me how Iain Ferguson gets that accolade or how he has found himself employed as a hospitality “legend”?

32 games for Rangers

I’m baffled

Love Tiny though

10 hours ago, gaspard said:

Well done Tiny a well-deserved tribute and fascinating account of her families links to the Rangers

The article opens with this (under a photo)

A VERY special guest – Mary ‘Tiny’ Gallacher – took in last night’s match and was given a guard of honour by some of the best players to have ever played for the club.

Nothing against the man but can someone tell me how Iain Ferguson gets that accolade or how he has found himself employed as a hospitality “legend”?

32 games for Rangers

I’m baffled

Love Tiny though

Cant speak for the latter part but the former does say "some" which could be taken as being that not all in attendance are considered as one of the best ever to have played for the club.

8 hours ago, craig said:

Cant speak for the latter part but the former does say "some" which could be taken as being that not all in attendance are considered as one of the best ever to have played for the club.

Semantics aside, I'm still at a loss as to what qualifies Iain Ferguson to get employment at the club to do PR/hospitality work every other Saturday

Sure he's a perfectly nice bloke, and as I said I've nothing whatsoever against him but surely there are ex players with 10 times more appearances than him who would  be more recognisable to the punters.

I saw him when he first got the gig at Ibrox, and said to a Gersnet member I was with at the time, "Who's that?"   he didn't know either.

Sorry to deviate in the Tiny thread guys.

2 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Semantics aside, I'm still at a loss as to what qualifies Iain Ferguson to get employment at the club to do PR/hospitality work every other Saturday

Sure he's a perfectly nice bloke, and as I said I've nothing whatsoever against him but surely there are ex players with 10 times more appearances than him who would  be more recognisable to the punters.

I saw him when he first got the gig at Ibrox, and said to a Gersnet member I was with at the time, "Who's that?"   he didn't know either.

Sorry to deviate in the Tiny thread guys.

I wouldn’t disagree mate.  Was just giving a reason how the semantics could be used to argue he wasn’t being called a legend