Goram,

Caldow, Gough, McKinnon, Cox,

Greig, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Baxter,

Miller, Brand.

I prove my modern managerial credentials  by playing Caldow out of position to accommodate Cox also out of position because Baxter can’t be left out.

This must be my tenth shot at this all of them different. (You should see my reserves btw)

2 minutes ago, Little General said:

Klos

Jardine Gough Jackson Numan

Mclean MacDonald  Russell Cooper

Stein Johnstone

DJ definitely benefited greatly from Wee Tam's delivery.

The memory of McLean crouching over a free-kick and Johnstone waiting close to the penalty spot is a good one.

So is the understanding between Jardine and Russell.

These threads are fun, but they're always skewed by age. Some of the guys most of us never saw play must have been spectacular. 

Alex Smith played 406 times for Rangers, retiring in 1915, Sandy Archibald and Dave Meiklejohn both played well over 500 games at a time when medical treatment was considerably poorer than it is for professionals today. Guys like Alan Morton, who features in what I think is the most iconic photograph of any Rangers player, amassed 31 caps for Scotland in a period when we only played 3 matches a season. What a player he must have been. 

During the 1960s we had a side that made two European finals, we could genuinely say we had world class players. Baxter most people know about, but players like Willie Henderson, Ralph Brand and Bobby Shearer are largely overlooked these days. Even players who don't only appear in black and white, like Jardine, Derek Johnstone, the always underrated Willie Johnston, a man who scored 2 goals in a European final and was genuinely a player who would get you up off your seat when he got the ball, and Tommy McLean another player who we forget as a player only remember the crabit, negative manager now. Plus how can any Rangers select not feature John Greig? 755 appearances, captain of club and country, treble winner, European winner, a player who stayed with us for his entire career when players of his ability were in huge demand in England. 

Anyway, I realise it's about favourite players, not the best ones. 

Allan McGregor, that save in Germany, countless others too

Hugh Burns, I loved Shug, at a time when we didn't have a lot to love...

John McLelland, came to visit my BB when I was about 12 simply because someone asked him too, we all got our picture taken with him and Gregor Stevens and he donated a Northern Ireland strip he wore at the World Cup to raise funds. A proper Rangers captain. 

Gregor Stevens, see above. 

Ian Durant, pre injury simply the most exciting  player I'd ever seen Rangers produce. That goal against Celtic from Copper's run and flick, the big hair when he first broke into the side, the performances in successive Skol Cup Finals, possibly my favourite ever Rangers player. 

Graeme Roberts, that game, the conducting, the sheer mentalness of it all. 

Souness, my formative years watching Rangers weren't littered with success, Souness arrived and suddenly stuff my Dad and older guys said made sense. What a player he was too. 

Laudrup, quite simply the finest footballer I've had the pleasure of watching in the flesh. 

Gattuso, I loved his industry, his work rate, his perpetual anger and aggression, he was the most Scottish Italian ever. 

McCoist, this shouldn't need explained. 

Derek Parlane, he left the club when I was 10, DJ was a much bigger name, but Parlane looked cooler, hair longer than Rangers players were normally allowed, even as child you knew he was a cool. Scored a ton of goals too which meant his name reverberated around my primary school playground. I doubt I ever saw him play in the flesh, yet somehow he epitomised my formative years getting into football. 

We'll do our most disliked 11 in another thread I hope...