Following on from @JohnMc suggestion in the fave 11 thread, I couldnt resist this one to fill the empty weekend discussion.

The following is my most frustrating X1, not the worst players to have played regularly for us, but the ones I just didnt take to and didnt rate as highly as some of my fellow Bears, or was really disappointed in. I dont meant to do any of these honourable servants a disservice, its just a bit of fun and a discussion point. I have also made a deliberate point of avoiding current players (hard as that was!)

Alexander

Ricksen McPherson Jig Stensaas

Templeton Black Barton Huistra

Miller Boyd(2nd stint)

Again, I have probably forgotten (mind blocked out more likely) some players I really didnt get, and look forward to reading my fellow Gersnetters lists over the next few days.

• Rousseau changed the title to Frustrating XI

Letizi

Whittaker, Webster, Svensson, Ball

Capucho, Black, Malcolm, O'Halleron

Kyle,  Sandaza

Unsurprisingly a lot from the Eck and Banter Years eras.  I'm pretty sure there are others that really annoyed me for various reasons so I'll maybe come back and edit this.

58 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Charbonnier

Ricksen, Webster, Bert, Stensaas,

Capucho, Black, Barton, Liddell,

Salenko, Jeffers.

With the exception of Ricksen, and Charbonnier, that is the bones of a Rank Red Rotten XI. 

The frustrating 11 is different from the 'I just didn't like them 11'. Frustration suggests players you thought should have done more, didn't give us what we thought they could or would. So here goes...

Oleg Kuznetsov - bloody hammer throwers...

Basil Boli - Boli genuinely looked like one of the best defenders in the world at Marseille, he looked like he'd won a competition to appear on the pitch when at Rangers. 

Bruno Alves - What a CV, what a disappointment. 

Joey Barton - could also make it into the disliked 11, but he had ability, he just didn't seem to have it anymore.

Niko Kranjcar - we were building a midfield around him, we built a medical centre around him instead

Vladimir Weiss - possibly the most frustrating player we've had in recent years. Fast, great at taking a man on, total inability to know when to pass, shoot or cross. 99% of his runs led to nothing. 

Charlie Miller - literally one of the best players in the world when he was 16, ended up a Dundee Utd player, what an utter waste of talent. 

Duncan Ferguson - Should have been a Rangers legend, had a side built around him, led the line for club and country, terrified defences across Europe. Went to prison instead. 

Derek Ferguson - all the talent, all the ability but a dodgy shoulder and some poor lifestyle choices. 

Kyle Lafferty - still the most frustrating player. It's there, he shows it in glimpses, then it vanishes for months on end. 

Seb Rozenthal - Our first South American forward when South Americans were still exotic and exciting. Was probably hugely popular with the nurses in Ross Hall...