True what BD says - this takes a lot of thought.

Its tough for the keeper. I really liked Niemi but he didnt get enough time so the frustration wasnt with him. Agree a bit with Charbonnier but Im going to with Wattereus - it just frustrated me big time the he played ahead of Klos.

Wattereus

Mo Ross Konterman Webster Bernard

Nerlinger Mladenovic Hughes (Steven)

Jeffers Boyd Ostenstaad

I first saw Jamie Ness play in an OF league game at Ibrox and his cultured left foot and composure in such an environment were at a level I'd seldom seen in our midfield.

I had only saw clips of Jim Baxter but Ness and his style reminded me of him

This guy could go as far as he wanted in the game but ......

He was the latest in a long list of young Rangers midfielders who for varying reasons didn't do as well as they should have done. Others have already been mentioned on here...

Ian Durrant

Charlie Miller

Derek Ferguson

Barry Ferguson (perhaps this is being tough because Barry did do extremely well but I still think he might have made it further had injury not halted his progress)

Lewis Ferguson (at Rangers as a boy, we probably let go the Ferguson with the most professional attitude :thup: / there is another potential XI)

I saw an interview that Simon Ferry conducted with ID and DF and the ex-players more or less admitted a less than professional culture within the club.

DF said that when he left Rangers to join Hearts it took him months to get to their level of fitness. At Ibrox, It had been about having better players with a good team spirit (drink together win together). Little wonder that 80% of European campaigns were frustrating.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

I first saw Jamie Ness play in an OF league game at Ibrox and his cultured left foot and composure in such an environment were at a level I'd seldom seen in our midfield.

I had only saw clips of Jim Baxter but Ness and his style reminded me of him

This guy could go as far as he wanted in the game but ......

He was the latest in a long list of young Rangers midfielders who for varying reasons didn't do as well as they should have done.

I think Demotion curtailed his Ranges career, so he may have progressed otherwise. 

Then again, we've had lads like Fleck and wasted them. 

That's a whole other kettle of fish: an unfulfilled potential XI. 

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think Demotion curtailed his Ranges career, so he may have progressed otherwise. 

Then again, we've had lads like Fleck and wasted them. 

That's a whole other kettle of fish: an unfulfilled potential XI. 

The phrase 'being made of glass' IMO points more accurately as to why he never really got a realistic chance to fulfill potential either at Rangers or elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

You can't say Durrant didn't do as good as he could have the assault by Simpson ruined his career in spite of his comeback,it was like Baxter coming back to Rangers a disappointing time.

The injury was obviously why he didn't get the chance to hit the dizzy heights he seemed headed toward.

Obviously no fault of his.