The Brexit Party got 29% of the vote where 60% voted for Brexit in the referendum. It’s Going to be more difficult for them going forward as they have no policies except Brexit, will get found out in general election.

Yes, only idiots would vote for a single policy party at a by/General Election.  Which shows the voters in Peterborough are a bit smarter than those in many Scottish constituencies, who continue to vote for an incompetent and embarrassing one policy party - the SNP.

A shame about the by-election result.

Farage only needed two MPs to achieve his goal in 2016 though.

The Conservative party should see that the seat was there to be taken.  Time for them to select the correct leader.

The open hatred the globalists, pseudo-liberals and their shills harbour for the Leave vote, combined with certain communities' disregard for democracy, makes this completely unsurprising.

Tony Blair will be back in the news next.

Edited by Gonzo79

On 14/06/2019 at 21:15, Bill said:

If the stories of people photographing ballot papers are true then the police should investigate and parliament should order a rerun  .

SNP MEP Alyn Smith has issued an apology to Brexit Party chairman Richard Tice over claims he made about the party's source of funding.

In an interview on Sky News in May ahead of the European elections, Mr Smith accused the Brexit Party of being "a shell company" that was a "money laundering front".

Following the interview, lawyers acting for Mr Tice demanded compensation over the claim and called for an apology to be read out in the High Court for alleged defamation.

In a letter published by his solicitors, Mr Smith said that he had agreed to pay a sum in damages and legal costs, as well as issuing an unreserved apology to Mr Tice, who was elected as an MEP in May.

"Having reflected upon this following a complaint from Mr Tice, I apologise unreservedly to him and withdraw my allegation," Mr Smith said.

"I am happy to state clearly that I do not have any evidence to support such an allegation.

"I spoke in the heat of the moment and I am happy to set the record straight.

"I have agreed to pay a sum in damages to the Help for Heroes charity and I have agreed to pay legal costs."

Mr Tice said that he would not hesitate to take action over false claims regarding the Brexit Party.

"I am pleased that Alyn Smith has now apologised and withdrawn these wholly unfounded and damaging allegations," said Mr Tice.

"People are entitled to take a different view of Brexit and I respect their right to do so.

"But I will not hesitate to take action against those who make false claims about the Brexit Party and by implication those of us who run it."

Mr Tice was elected to the European Parliament in May's elections, while Mr Smith was first elected in 2004 as Scotland's youngest MEP at that point.

https://news.sky.com/story/snp-mep-alyn-smith-apologises-to-brexit-party-for-money-laundering-allegation-11743507