ST waiting list

19 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Can anyone tell me how much an ST is in club deck? 

According to the thread on FF:

CD1 £492
CD2 £708
CD3 £503 - £708
CD4 £597 - £708
CD5 £503 - £708
CD6
CD7 £372 - £492

29 minutes ago, craig said:

That climb up the stairs is brutal :ninja:

Brutal is right. I did it for a couple of years and had to move downstairs to avoid a heart attack. Now front row main stand, nothing would persuade me to give up these seats. 

On 15/04/2019 at 17:38, craig said:

Renewed for wife and kid earlier today.  We need an additional tier on Govan for all these waitlist folks :ninja:

We will need to do something.

I wonder if it would make sense to remove the screens and replace them with more hospitality.

26 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

We will need to do something.

I wonder if it would make sense to remove the screens and replace them with more hospitality.

Unsurprisingly, the problem would be financial.

It's obvious where funds are being directed at the moment and why.

The other obvious problem is if the next 2-4 years weren't to go well then that waiting list would most probably vanish or in other words, it would be very dangerous to base such a large investment on a waiting list. 

I think we'd be better to consider it if and when we get over the immediate on-field hurdle and progress into CL group stages.

Another, both on and off-field (financial) aspect to consider is our youth development and a timescale as to when it starts to produce quality first team players.

I suspect any return on further development of the existing stadium would be a diminishing one. The stadium is a product of its time and seems not to have been built with a view to future extension or fundamental improvement. Any significant uptick in capacity is going to require near-total redevelopment, which will be entirely possible when Scotland wins the World Cup and Bill Gates' Rangers wins the Champions League. Until then maybe we'll have to settle for the stadium we have and focus on fixing the holes in the roof.

Edited by Bill

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

I suspect and return on further development of the existing stadium would be a diminishing one. The stadium is a product of its time and seems not to have been built with a view to future extension or fundamental improvement. Any significant uptick in capacity is going to require near-total redevelopment, which will be entirely possible when Scotland wins the World Cup and Bill Gates' Rangers wins the Champions League. Until then maybe we'll have to settle for the stadium we have and focus on fixing the holes in the roof.

Yes, I think redevelopment of 3 stands is the only way that we will see significant changes to capacity.

I don't know the numbers but I'm not sure if the investment required, to replace the screens with more hospitality, would be prohibitive.  You would think that hospitality should bring a healthy return while a waiting list exists though.