VanguardBears are to join protests against Glasgow City Council

14 hours ago, BEARGER said:

The number of RC Lord Provosts  means nothing. Again give a wee list of Anti Protestant decisions/policies carried out by the council.

Okay Bearger, I'll bite and provide a 'wee list'.

During 1990, the then Glasgow District Council was reported to the local government Ombudsman.

It was pointed out for the previous calendar year, it was council policy to advertise vacancies, then invite correspondence/telephone calls for application forms. The council met such requests by issuing green application forms to those they intended to interview, and orange application forms to those that did not want to interview. The then speculation was the HR department choose what colour of form based on the given name and address.

The Ombudsman found against the council, they were severely reprimanded after assurances were received they had changed their policy.

I hope this helps, the Herald reported it extensively at the time.t

14 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

No evidence of these claims has been given on this thread. The OO is not the same thing as the "Protestant People of Scotland", rerouting a OO march does not created a "No Go Area for Protestants". 

I’m glad to see you now accept the double standards and marginalisation of Protestant culture though. That’s progress at least. 

20 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

The statement from the SPAD said: "The decision taken yesterday by Glasgow City Council and Police Scotland is a clear attack on the Culture and Beliefs of the Protestant people of Scotland and in doing so have created a 'No Go Area' for Protestants.

No evidence of these claims has been given on this thread. The OO is not the same thing as the "Protestant People of Scotland", rerouting a OO march does not created a "No Go Area for Protestants". 

I honestly think members from Glasgow would better serve their grievance by simply ignoring those whose questions are clearly presented with the sole intention of undermining the proposition and without a morsel of counter-argument. Pandering to nonsense like this by complying with it is an encouragement that serves no one except the enemies of impartiality. 

Meanwhile, here something to cheer you up...

57611663_2376522909249983_4005383751746977792_n.png

Edited by Bill

29 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

The statement from the SPAD said: "The decision taken yesterday by Glasgow City Council and Police Scotland is a clear attack on the Culture and Beliefs of the Protestant people of Scotland and in doing so have created a 'No Go Area' for Protestants.

You didn't ask for evidence of these claims. You were given what you asked.

I've just re-read this thread for the second time and can only conclude that certain posts are designed to get people to, indeed, 'bite'.

I foolishly entertained it by relenting from my usual stance of just reading such threads by posting a reply - silly me. I shall cease and desist from encouraging such contrarian behaviour henceforth.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Okay Bearger, I'll bite and provide a 'wee list'.

During 1990, the then Glasgow District Council was reported to the local government Ombudsman.

It was pointed out for the previous calendar year, it was council policy to advertise vacancies, then invite correspondence/telephone calls for application forms. The council met such requests by issuing green application forms to those they intended to interview, and orange application forms to those that did not want to interview. The then speculation was the HR department choose what colour of form based on the given name and address.

The Ombudsman found against the council, they were severely reprimanded after assurances were received they had changed their policy.

I hope this helps, the Herald reported it extensively at the time.t

Thanks that what’s I was looking for, sure looks like pro RC and anti the rest.

The background of a 'no-go' area.

You could substitute the Bogside, and many more communities, for the Creggan in this story.
On the one hand you have the duly appointed Police Service appointed by the legally voted upon authorities and on the other a little gang who have appointed themselves protectors of the 'no-go' area.
Here are the respective points of view ...

PSNI ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-northern-ireland-47987269/journalist-murder-in-londonderry-a-horrendous-act

Gang ...

D4gTsOFU8AEFJZG.jpg

The language of each is telling.

Police - search operation

Gang - series of attacks; an incursion; campaign of oppression; attack on the community etc.
Gang - the inevitable reaction to such an incursion was resistance from the youth of Creggan - why, is it inevitable if their logic has not been warped?
         - the blame for last night lies squarely at the feet of the British Crown Forces - Why, did they throw petrol bombs or fire shots indiscriminately towards civilians?
         - we admit that a Republican Volunteer fired the shot that killed Lyra McKee, but it was an accident. The police being there caused it to happen.

People who have brought into this world a new generation of hate since the signing of the Good Friday Agreement, who have nurtured this generation and who have taught them that only their point of view matters are the architects of 'No-Go areas'.
Could this happen in Glasgow? Under the SNP/SF/IRA auspices it could. If you are in any doubt of that try walking through the Calton with a Rangers scarf on.
Or perhaps you could have another wee gang - 'Call It Out' - take up your case for you, after all they have met and discussed the situation with Humza Yousaf.