[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Defoe 15; Jack 36; Katic 48)

I thought we played okay.  We should have scored more and would have done if the front three had been more clinical.

Hopefully Katic gets a run of games and gets himself in contention for a starting slot next season.  I thought Kamara and Jack were our best players.

Hearts were woeful.  I watched it in a Hearts pub and they were asking to get it turned off after our third.  Unfortunately, it looks inevitable that Separate Entity FC will get another clean sweep.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I thought we played okay.  We should have scored more and would have done if the front three had been more clinical.

Hopefully Katic gets a run of games and gets himself in contention for a starting slot next season.  I thought Kamara and Jack were our best players.

Hearts were woeful.  I watched it in a Hearts pub and they were asking to get it turned off after our third.  Unfortunately, it looks inevitable that Separate Entity FC will get another clean sweep.

Katic got Rangers TV MOTM, I thought he was superb today, big and brave up against a big physical player and deserved his goal for the way he attacked the ball, there is still a lot to come from this guy, I just hope he stays in the team for the remainder of our games 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Katic got Rangers TV MOTM, I thought he was superb today, big and brave up against a big physical player and deserved his goal for the way he attacked the ball, there is still a lot to come from this guy, I just hope he stays in the team for the remainder of our games 

I thought he was strong in the air but just average on the ground.  Against a quick and lively centre forward I think his deficiencies might have been more exposed than they were today.

46 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I thought he was strong in the air but just average on the ground.  Against a quick and lively centre forward I think his deficiencies might have been more exposed than they were today.

Thing is he has missed a lot of football yet played well again, he is still raw but he certainly has potential and scored a good goal 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Thing is he has missed a lot of football yet played well again, he is still raw but he certainly has potential and scored a good goal 

Katic was magnificent. No he isn’t the greatest on the deck & his distribution isn’t the best but he’s strong in the tackle & almost unbeatable in the air.

I’d suggest if he’d played against the yahoos last month we wouldn’t have lost. No way would Edourde have got their first goal running from the halfway line unchallenged 

Gerrard apparently dropping hints that Morelos wont just walk back into the starting 11 and who can blame him. Three straight wins 9 goals for 1 against. 

I would still prefer Alfie to stay another season for squad depth. But if a decision were made to cash in for 10 million plus in the close season I wouldn't be as disturbed about it as I would have been even just a few months ago.

We now know we can score and win without him plus Kamara is beginning to look like a steal and we still have Murphy and Jones to come into the picture. A ten million cash influx could get us a the few players we need to make this a formidable side including that longed for quality number 10.

As it stands, unless there are injuries or a particular tactical switch, the team should stay the same.

The last three victories have come against teams that didn't completely park the bus.

The chances are Aberdeen will next week and it'll be interesting to see if the management team alter the set-up.

Flanagan and Katic should keep their places, no matter the tactics.

Katic needs the 4 remaining games to show the manager what he can do.

Defoe or Morelos is now more a question of what way you want to set-up.