Steve Clarke slaughters Steven McLean after Kilmarnock’s loss to Aberdeen

MAC ATTACK

‘Worst ref display I’ve seen’ – Steve Clarke slaughters Steven McLean after Kilmarnock’s loss to Aberdeen

Killie’s Kirk Broadfoot, Stuart Findlay and Rory McKenzie were dismissed by the whistler - whose dad Stuart is a Rugby Park legend - as their side lost 1-0 to the Dons.

STEVE CLARKE has slaughtered ref Steven McLean after he sent off THREE Kilmarnock stars in their defeat to Aberdeen.

Killie’s Kirk Broadfoot, Stuart Findlay and Rory McKenzie were dismissed by the whistler - whose dad Stuart is a Rugby Park legend - as their side lost 1-0 to the Dons at home.

Clarke stormed down the tunnel in anger after McKenzie’s red card.

And he let rip at full-time, calling it the worst EVER display he’s seen from a referee in a career in the game spanning nearly four decades.

The former Scotland international told the BBC: "The game was absolutely brutal, there was no football.

“Broadfoot’s red was a genuine attempt for the ball. We will appeal it. No complaints for Findlay’s.

“Looks like nothing from McKenzie, we will appeal that one too.

“I told the referee it’s the worst referee performance I’ve ever seen in my career.

“He lost control of the game, his job is to control the game - he didn’t do that.

"I think he feels the pressure because his dad played so many games at Kilmarnock.

“I think it would be better for Steven and Kilmarnock if he didn’t referee a game here ever again.

“It was a difficult game, but a good referee could have handled it.”

Aberdeen icon Willie Miller also slammed the whistler’s performance after the game on the Beeb.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4147079/steve-clarke-steven-mclean-worst-ever-kilmarnock-aberdeen-red-cards/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1555783060

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The stress of managing Kilmarnock may indeed be too much for such a fragile man.

Thoughts and prayers with him at this distressing time.  Mental health is extremely important.  

I'm sure he can get a few tips and support from Leigh Griffiths. But that aside I want Clarke to get the same official and media treatment i'm confident Gerrard would if he dared suggest any referee should never officiate a Rangers match again.

Two managers at Rugby Park yesterday.

Both have publicly commented on sectarian chants aimed in their personal direction.

If you measured column inches, broadcast minutes or even descriptive language used by media/pundits.... the gulf would be staggering.

The funny thing was that he was right in some cases about McLean - based on the brief highlights  I saw on Sunday night, he had an absolute nightmare.

Broadfoot's challenge was a borderline yellow/red i thought, but there was definitely no malice I didn't think.

Big Cosgrove had about 3 clear yellow offences in quick succession in the first half so Clark was right, I think McInnes took him off to avoid the inevitable red.

The second yellow for Findlay was a fair enough booking but I thought the first one was ridiculous and Mclean shat out of making the correct decision.  There wasn't a lot of angles to see on that one so I could easily stand corrected.

The McKenzie one was I think a reaction to the circumstances and feeling hard done by.

There were other tackles decisions in the game that I thought were mental, albeit again only from the highlights so we are subject to the BBC's selective editing.

However calling into question McLean's objectivity must surely attract at least the same level of punishment as we received earlier in the season regarding Collum.  And on top of his comments in the last week - my only conclusion is that this is his final audition for the Celtic job.,