Rangers TV to Chromecast.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

I can get Youtube and Dutch TV to Chromecast to my TV but I can't get RTV to do it. Can anyone help or does it not allow it.

I used to have one but have a Fire Stick now... but I would imagine there would be a way of casting from Google Chrome, assuming you use a web browser to login and access RTV.

What device are you using to cast from?

Step 2. Cast your screen from your Androiddevice
  • Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  • Open the Google Home app and go to the Account tab .
  • Scroll down and look for Mirror device and tap on it.
  • Tap on the CAST SCREEN/AUDIO button.
  • Select your Chromecast device.

31 minutes ago, stewarty said:
Step 2. Cast your screen from your Androiddevice
  • Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  • Open the Google Home app and go to the Account tab .
  • Scroll down and look for Mirror device and tap on it.
  • Tap on the CAST SCREEN/AUDIO button.
  • Select your Chromecast device.

He already sees my mobile and I can watch Youtube and the Dutch TV app but when I open up RTV to watch a game there is no chromecast screen to link it.

I could be wrong but the instructions above enable the mirroring of whatever is on the screen.  From memory when I had a Chromecast, not all apps facilitated casting which was a pain.

7 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Should this not be in a techy forum or something, I havent understood a single word of this thread!

Probably but I wouldn't have got an answer so quick and it may also help other people as RTV is becoming a lot more popular. I will move it there later.

I could be wrong but the instructions above enable the mirroring of whatever is on the screen.  From memory when I had a Chromecast, not all apps facilitated casting which was a pain.

I thought that as well but RTV is not casting.

My understanding of Chromecast is anything will 'cast' as long as it's being watched on the Chrome web browser. I don't understand how a specific website could prevent the browser from 'casting'. I can see how an app wouldn't work though.