[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen (Tavernier 48 pen, 80 pen)

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

It's going to be a test for us all.  Gerrard needs to push the players to create chances, they have to keep their heads up and keep trying and we, as a support, need to stay behind them.

I'm taking the wee man today.  Hopefully it's a good atmosphere and we turn that lot over.?

Aye, that we do.

I hope you both enjoy the day out !

34 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's strange but I think we're a better team without our best player. Hopefully Morelos' absence is more of a help than a hindrance today.

Three home games against the sheep without a win would be rather embarrassing. 

I don't think it's Morelos' absence, but Kent's. Arfield playing in Kent's inside-left position has been a revelation.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think it's Morelos' absence, but Kent's. Arfield playing in Kent's inside-left position has been a revelation.

In the two defeats at Ibrox against Aberdeen this season (only two home defeats of the campaign) we have hardly created anything.

It's about management finding a system and picking the right players to be able to create chances against a parked red bus without 350M to spend in the summer.

If the chances are missed blame the players but if we can't create the chances, large % of blame goes to management.

Must be a banker today. Its unreal that Aberdeen didnt win at Ibrox for over 25 years yet have turned up the last 12 months. Today should be the start of a very long unbeaten home run against them. To be fair we have a great record at Pittodrie.

Be nice to keep Celtic waiting another round of games, the gap is quite big on points but doesnt really tell the story. No idea how they got 6 mins injury time at Dens Park and scored plus winners at Tynecastle and Rugby Park. Even just 2 of them plus us not dropping silly home draw points would have meant we were right in there.

The one thing that's impressed me about Aberdeen is their fitness. For all we've dominated them they've kept going to the end of the match, as such I agree we need to score first and draw them out of their defensive set up. If we can do that we should win with something to spare, if we don't they always look like they can score from set-pieces.