Glasgow Cup Final (u20s): Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers [FT]

We had the opportunity to win it at the end of the first minute of stoppage time. Middleton hits the free kick, Keeper saves and is on the ground, and our center-half screws the ball wide in front of a gaping goal.

Four minutes later, the Ref' awards the Yahoos a non free kick and they score from a flighted strike on the turn.

C'est la vie!

1 minute ago, gisabeer said:

Something Kent doesn't have in his locker.

He might have done had he been playing against youths? I am a big fan of Middleton and was expecting more from him, although nobody can argue with his brilliant goals tonight

1 minute ago, gisabeer said:

Something Kent doesn't have in his locker.

Apart from the last game at Parkhead where he scored the equaliser you mean?

Or the game at Ibrox where he created the winner?

There's no doubt the lad has to work on his game but he's a better option than Middleton right now... 

• Frankie changed the title to Glasgow Cup Final (u20s): Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers [FT]

Poor defending at end three players around one and coul not get rid of ball.Thought the number 6 then and at first goal shown up as well as mis-kicking after Middleton shot.

Not many impressed tonight until last 20 minutes,don't see many stepping up.

Utter nonsense about Kent gisabeer.  Middleton is playing against 18 year olds tonight whilst Kent is playing against seasoned pros.

As Frankie says, he’s such an imposter he scored against Celtic AND set one up for us against them in an earlier game - and has torn their fullback a new one continually in the Ibrox game and also in the 2nd half of the last Parkhead game.

Middleton's time will come. The manager gave him his chance at the beginning of the season and I think we could all see he was not fully ready for the step up. It is a huge jump from youth to the SPFL I think some people forget that. Middletons confidence had taken a dent and then the manager has to be very careful how he handles the situation. I think Gerrard acted correctly to let him take a step back but keep him involved.

All gisabeer said was that Kent doesn’t have that in his locker. He doesn’t, Middleton is clearly a better goal scorer than him, never mind long distance shooter. Kent has been our most overrated player all season. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

All gisabeer said was that Kent doesn’t have that in his locker. He doesn’t, Middleton is clearly a better goal scorer than him, never mind long distance shooter. Kent has been our most overrated player all season. 

Isn't it strange how we see things so differently.  I don't think anyone could argue against the fact that Middleton has a better scoring record, but in my own limited group of friends and family (and those that sit around me at games), it's clear that Kent is the favourite.  I just wish we could combine the two because then we have a top player.  The problem for me with Middleton is that he's just too easy for seasoned pros to mark out of the game.  He's too predictable.  Kent on the other hand has that quality which enables him to glide past players.  His problem is then doing something useful with it.  Both are good players obviously, but I would personally want to do everything we could to keep Kent because Middleton has a long way to go before he can be as effective.  Maybe Kent is doing us a favour by not scoring goals until he signs permanently.  If Kent had 10-12 goals we'd have no way of affording him.  Let's hope we buy him and then develop the decision making side of his game.  In my opinion he'd then go from a 5m player to 20m.  That's a good investment.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

You mean aside from calling him an imposter ? :rolleyes: