Alan Gow is set to make a surprise early debut for Rangers against LA Galaxy this week after being granted permission by Falkirk.

The Scottish Football Association confirmed that Gow would be eligible for the high-profile friendly, despite being under contract to Falkirk, providing he obtained his club's permission.

And after Rangers secured insurance for Gow to Falkirk's satisfaction, Rangers manager Walter Smith will be left to decide how much action the Scotland B striker sees at the Home Depot Center.

The 24-year-old will officially move to Ibrox on a free transfer later this summer, but once he marked his final match for Falkirk with a stunning goal in Saturday's victory at Dunfermline, the Bairns opted not to stand in his way and deny him the America trip.

Sandy Bryson, the head of the SFA's registration department, confirmed Gow can don a Rangers match shirt for the first time because guest appearances in friendlies are allowed, providing the player's parent club gives the green light.

Rangers, with Gow in their party, flew out of Glasgow Airport on Monday morning, ahead of the match against David Beckham's future team.

The game takes place at 7.30pm on Wednesday evening in Los Angeles (3.30am BST Thursday).

It is a fixture which confirmed Americophile Chris Burke has been looking forward to ever since the trip was announced on March 31.

The Rangers midfielder has family in the United States and said: "I love America. I try to get over as much as I can.

"It'll be nice to go over there and play an American side, which I've not done before, so we're all looking forward to that."

Will be good if he starts, watched him on Saturday and he was taking the piss out of Dunfermline. You will probably see Webster play as well, along with Lennon

The Home Depot Centre? Is that the name of their stadium?

I thought that was the US equivelant of B&Q! :P

It would be pretty shitty of Falkirk if they did deny him the chance to make his gers debut when he was leaving anyway, so good on them.

Will this game be on tv? (Setanta/Rangers TV?)

The Home Depot Centre? Is that the name of their stadium?

I thought that was the US equivelant of B&Q! :P

It would be pretty shitty of Falkirk if they did deny him the chance to make his gers debut when he was leaving anyway, so good on them.

Will this game be on tv? (Setanta/Rangers TV?)

On Rangers tv 3.30 am our time with repeats about 5 and 10 pm, but can't remember where I read that.

Im kinda glad Gow is playing. He deserves a place ahead of those who decided to take there summer early, just after the OF game.

He will give 110% and be trying to impress.

I dont know what it is, I havent been a fan of signing SPL players, but he is the only one I have slight hope for who might do us a decent job in the SPL.