Should Morelos start this weekend?

Start with Defoe.

If he can’t unlock the defence bring on Alfie for the last half hour to batter through it. That’s a bit disrespectful to Morelos because he’s got plenty of skill as well as strength.

I would love for Defoe to score against them this weekend, maybe even more so than Alfredo. Defoe doesn’t deserve to be dropped and I’d really like to see him have a full 70-80 mins to see if we can continue the momentum and success our new shape has brought. There’s still doubt ( from many) about Defoe’s ability to replace Alfie if he does go and I would like him to prove once and for all that he (and our tighter forward line) works. 

With Gerrard not giving anything away in the press conference, I suspect he’ll stick with Defoe and bring on Alfie with 20 mins to go. 

Edited by weebluedevil

On 06/05/2019 at 12:17, BlackSocksRedTops said:

They way he is refereed is out of our control so if we concentrate on how we can influence the game, removing Morelos from another potential red card would be the sensible choice

Morelos has on occasion been the one to blame and not the officals. 

However, Clancy (ref this w/e) is one referee who I thought looked as though he had premeditated his game in relation to Alfredo. Specifically, when it came to booking him early on for  a perceived dive in the Scottiush Cup game in Aberdeen and in the replay, not giving a penalty when Considine fouled him, amongst others.

I'd agree that it's in our best interests to play Defoe....First off, he has earned the start.

Second, Morelos looked off the pace last weekend and that would only increase the chance of frustration and red mist.

Then you have to think what another red card would mean in relation to the value of Morelos.

The last red was a turning point for many opinions on the Colombian, another and SG is almost forced to get rid and in those circumstances, I doubt the fee would reach eight figures.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

However, Clancy (ref this w/e) is one referee who I thought looked as though he had premeditated his game in relation to Alfredo. Specifically, when it came to booking him early on for  a perceived dive in the Scottiush Cup game in Aberdeen and in the replay, not giving a penalty when Considine fouled him, amongst others.

Is this the same ref who booked, resulting in a sending off, Halliday for a fist pump in the centre circle following a Rangers goal?

Just now, Bluedell said:

I thought he was excellent in the last game at Ibrox.

Some people don't seem to see the good things he does. He was man of the match most weeks.