Should Morelos start this weekend?

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Some people don't seem to see the good things he does. He was man of the match most weeks.

I think he's our best player, so I certainly see the good he does.

I still stand by my comment though.  He has done little of note against that lot.  

The opposition matters here too. Celtic have an answer to Morelos's physicality in Ajer. Long balls and physical duals are his bread and butter, he's the most physical centre back in the league and has the best stats in those areas.

However put Defoe up against Ajer and I think you'll expose weaker parts of his game. 

14 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Morelos has done nothing much* in several attempts against the yahoos.  

*Moments of stupidity excluded.

I seen to recall Craig Gordon having 2 brilliant saves from Morelos, one world class, in a couple of matches against them, no?

I prefer the start with Defoe suggestion then if we're getting no breakthrough throw Morelos in for the final 30 or so to unsettle them when legs are beginning to tire. 

4 hours ago, onevision said:

I seen to recall Craig Gordon having 2 brilliant saves from Morelos, one world class, in a couple of matches against them, no?

The header should have been scored imo. Not sure which other one you're referring to but I'm pretty sure he hit the post from an open goal too.

Carlos Queiroz has named his provisional 40 man squad for the Copa America and Alfredo didn't make the cut.

I thought he was struggling to make the final 22 but would have made the provisional list.

Pretty clear indication of what Carlos Queiroz thinks about him in relation to other Colombian forwards and the player will be gutted. 

The positive for us is that it means he'll get time to rest and recuperate but the negative concerns perceived value/actual fee, if he does move on.

I want to win so I would be picking my best forward, Defoe. On the other hand Defoe has done what he was brought in to do and deserves an early rest so it’s Alfie to prove he is the second best with the prospect of being the best.

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I want to win so I would be picking my best forward, Defoe. On the other hand Defoe has done what he was brought in to do and deserves an early rest so it’s Alfie to prove he is the second best with the prospect of being the best.

On our bench and not in a 40 man Colombian squad won't have Alfredo in the best of moods.

After an almost uninterrupted upwards trajectory, his career has come up against a significant hurdle and he needs to show the right attitude to get over it.

Broadfoot and chums might be taking Spanish lessons so they can learn how to remind Alfredo he isn't in the 40 man squad.

I wouldn't start him against Kilmarnock, because I don't trust him and another red card at this stage would have a significant impact on his perceived value.

I just hope we get a decent offer, we sell and everyone moves on from it.

I have a feeling that if he stays, the whole thing will turn sour.