JFK-1

Oklahoma weather

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

On a different level from anything I ever saw in Britain. Right now i'm on a day off but in a tornado watch. During these events the weather channels run live following the storm chasers.

http://kfor.com/on-air/live-streaming

Many years ago a tornado crossed the road about 400 yards in front of us just south of Duncan Oklahoma. Scariest thing was seeing big trees beside the road afterwards, not broken but shredded. 

A Cat 4 or 5 hurricane is no fun to go through either..... especially on an island and you lose power for weeks after, suffering horrid heat and humidity.

I wouldn't fancy being anywhere near a tornado either though :ninja:

So here we go again. Hail over two inches in diameter coming my way with the possibility of tornado activity. I'm currently more concerned about the hail because it's a certainty while a tornado is currently just a possibility. This hail falls at around 80 mph and can punch clean through the roof and into the house.

And it has a random factor. It doesn't fall like rain it falls in spread out patches. The house next door can have their roof shredded while you escape. 

And in minutes I don't care about the hail. Tornado forming a few miles from my house.

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky
Oh, what a beautiful mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day
I've got a beautiful feeling
Everything's going my way

Clearly Oscar Hammerstein II lied to the people!

Got lucky again. Two systems dropping giant hail and spawning tornados passed each side of us. Tornados can occur at anytime but Spring is the 'tornado season'