Duo Up For PFA Scotland Awards

On 02/05/2019 at 12:19, Gribz said:

Pretty sure Ian McCall's comments are relevant!!!

If a McGregor should win it then it should be Allan McGregor. How has he gone under the radar?

Morelos unpopularity will mean he doesnt win it although has been head and shoulders above the rest upfront over the season and you have to take his early European form into things. From our perspective its just been a discipline issue.

Callum McGregor agrees with you.

Callum revealed that he actually voted for McGregor – not himself of course but Rangers keeper Allan.

He said:  “I just think Allan has been outstanding. There were so many moments when he was keeping Rangers in it in Europe with massive saves.

“His experience has been massive, bringing that team together.

“He was as good a candidate as anyone – and his name is McGregor!

“I really don’t know what the perception of that will be (a Celtic player voting for a Rangers player) but you can only be fair and recognise talent.

“If someone has had a good season, I don’t know why you shouldn’t vote for them.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/callum-mcgregor-reveals-voted-rangers-14981534

22 hours ago, buster. said:

Surely it's the one area where most of the players can and will think for themselves, or at least within their own prejudices.

Doubt it, any time you read players talking about this, they tend to be easily led, and they all read the papers, hence why I think my suggestion is close to the mark.

On 03/05/2019 at 18:13, ian1964 said:

Tavernier is our best player, IMO, and he should be the player of the year!. I am surprised he hasn't been the target for bigger teams for a move.

He has made a fair amount of mistakes.  None of our players have been perfect though.

His overall contribution is great. Particularly being available for almost every match.

Think he should be in ahead of Kent.