[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Hibernian (Defoe 41)

Tavernier, Kamara, Kent, Flanagan and Candeias all looked under par today. Only Kent has an excuse and only Katic, Davis and Jack played anything like they should. 

The guy next to me is always pointing out McGregors behaviour during a game. One thing I’ve noticed is his shouting/gesticulating to officials during games, he also seems to wait and go off at half time with the referee talking/complaining on the way. Today when they came off after the warm up my neighbour said “McGregor looks like he wants to punch somebody”.

Was he like this first time round?

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Despite the win, I felt that the formation didn't work too well today. Very little width, particularly in the first half and having to rely on a right footed left back to provide it on the left slowed us down. 

Very much so !

When we were playing some decent stuff in the first half, the ball went out to Flanagan in acres of space but he couldn't take advantage because of his lack of a footballing left foot.

Put a firing Barasic into that role and you either have a dangerous ball going into the box or Hibs with a man on him and more space in the middle.

That was the banner that had a few of the sheep raging last week.  They were asking the Police to take it down.

I fail to see how or why it is offensive.  Especially to Aberdeen or Hibs fans, who sing about the Ibrox Disaster, celebrate a dodgy tackle from 30 odd years ago or swarm on to national stadium pitches in an aggressive manner, whilst assaulting players or lobbing bottles at them.

Wee comment on McGregor.

If he thinks he can get away with what he did in the age of muchos camaras and compliance then he really should know better.

Even if the officials had missed it and he stayed on the park, he'd have been cited and suspended.

McNulty is an annoying bastard but that's football.

I thought Morelos as our disciplinnary problem was bad enough. but now we have two.

I reckon he'll get 3 games (2, +1 for 2nd red) and be out of our first league game next season. 

Edited by buster.

14 hours ago, BEARGER said:

The guy next to me is always pointing out McGregors behaviour during a game. One thing I’ve noticed is his shouting/gesticulating to officials during games, he also seems to wait and go off at half time with the referee talking/complaining on the way. Today when they came off after the warm up my neighbour said “McGregor looks like he wants to punch somebody”.

Was he like this first time round?

Maybe not as obvious but he was always a bit on the edge.

8 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Can anyone tell me what the offence is?  I'd love to know on what basis the police feel they can remove a banner like that.  I can understand if it's covering advertising during a UEFA game, but any other time seems peculiar to me.  Has anyone heard the rationale from police?