The silly season has officially started. I glanced at a colleagues Daily Record this morning only to see a backpage "exclusive". Apparantly WS is to break the bank and the club wage structure to secure the sigining of Bayern Munichs' Claudio Pizzaro.

I'll believe it when I see it!

As you say the silly season has started......When I see them paraded in a shirt at Ibrox/Murray Park I will beleive it

funny how its all over scotland today and that a wage package of 40k.

maybe this pipedream is not far ahead.

Sorry Buba, I dont want to hear about pipedreams until i've seen this moonbeam of success SDM keeps talking about.

I guess there are still a few season tickets to be sold. The usual promises and leaks to get the doubters buying their ticket. Why would Murray cut the wage bill by three quarters just to let it explode again. This is Bullshit.

Murray sees the season ticket renewal slowing up.

If figures I´ve heard about are correct ST´s are down some 3,500.

3,500 x 500quid = 1,750,000 pounds

If he were to get a name he´ll estimate let´s say 50% of those who haven´t renewed could be talked round.

This would equate to roughly 875,000 pounds plus an oppourtunity to get back some popularity with those who have been "seeing the light" recently.

This would pay a good chunk of pizarro or other big names wages.

Are we seeing headlines generated by smoke and mirrors to stoke up interest and sell ST´s when he knows that will be gazumped and he can trot out the "living within our means but still trying" line.

or

are we seeing a genuine atempt to sign the guy so as to arrest the tendency of the ST renewal decline.

Rangers fear they could miss out in the race to sign Claudio Pizarro despite offering the Bayern Munich striker �£45,000 a week.

According to the Daily Record, last week's reported meeting between Ranger boss Walter Smith and the Peruvian hitman's agent went favourably but it's now understood Juventus will weigh in with a much bigger contract offer.

The Italian giants have just won promotion back to Serie A following their enforced relegation last year and they are now prepared to give Pizarro a senational �£60,000 a week.

With the 28-year-old's contract at an end this summer having become out-of-favour at the Allianz Arena, Bayern can't demand a transfer fee and now Juve look to have capitalised.

Rangers could afford the reported �£45,000 a week after the wages of the departing Stefan Klos and Dado Prso were freed up but they'll be unable to stretch their budget to that of the Italians.

PSV Eindhoven, Valencia and Inter Milan are also in the hunt for Pizarro, making the chances of him coming to Ibrox now looking slim.

Taken from Sporting LIfe.....

Quite a lot of interest in him but still suprised if we were serious about the wage figure.