English Promotion Play Offs

8 hours ago, Gribz said:

If Leeds can get through tonight then the Wembley final is pretty much two sleeping giants

Villa are the bigger giant by quite a bit. They are also sleepier by quite a bit.

Derby aren’t out of it yet. Leeds have had some bad home results.

I was hoping Leeds go up aswell but fair play to Derby. Overall they will feel redemption for spygate.

With hindsight Terry v Lampard at Wembley was always on the cards.

Lampard gets good respect but I think Villa would be the better club for the Premier League.

Despite Abraham and Grealish, Villa are dull. Derby are mote creative and dare I say it, have momentum.

Villa have greater potential than any others in the league, even the Sheffields, but successive owners and management can’t tap into it.

Meanwhile two big fish are floundering in the League playoffs, Sunderland and Portsmouth. Pompey are 0-1 but playing at home so should win by enough. 

Both finished behind Luton Town and Barnsley. If they can’t do better than those two it suggests neither is ready for promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Two cracking  games this weekend. Sunderland v Charlton on Sunday, Villa v Derby on Monday.

Ha’way the Lads. Come on Villans.

I think it’ll be Charlton and Derby.