Flanagan charged!!

Rangers' Jon Flanagan charged with elbowing Celtic captain Scott Brown

• 36 minutes ago
  • From the sectionRangers
Sharethis page

Monday jury: Should Flanagan's yellow have been a red?

Rangers defender Jon Flanagan faces a two-match ban after being charged with elbowing Celtic captain Scott Brown in Sunday's Old Firm derby.

The former England full-back was booked after the incident during the Ibrox side's 2-0 win.

However, the 26-year-old has now been served with a notice of complaint after a three-man panel unanimously decided it was a red-card offence.

Flanagan faces a hearing at Hampden on Thursday.

If found guilty, he would miss this weekend's game at Kilmarnock and the first league match of next term.

In the build-up to the derby, Celtic manager Neil Lennon saidRangers "have a huge disciplinary problem" and that Steven Gerrard's players targeted Brown in the previous Old Firm game. 

This nonsense has now gone too far.

I’m not against retrospective punishment for an offence the referee doesn’t see, but the referee did see this & gave a yellow card.

Whether it was a yellow or red or whatever is up for debate but he did see the incident & took action.

And as for Lennon he is totally deluded if he thinks Brown is some sort of victim.

Meanwhile we still wait for action against Brown for his provocation towardsMorelos from the previous OF game & his conduct after the final whistle 

Again the question has to be the process of citing. Simonuvic v Defoe hasn’t had a mention! Why not? Are the BBC and Sky managing our disciplinary process. It’s fecking incredible and despite all the lawyers involved it just doesn’t stand up to any examination on the basis of natural justice. 

On Brown I didn’t see any angle that proved Brown had been hit on the face and given the linesman or ref didn’t see it then how can a panel watching the same footage everyone else saw conclude that was Browns face (or throat for that matter)? 

However giving the SFA the benefit of the doubt on Flanagan why the hell hasn’t Simonuvic been cited? Why wasn’t Brown cited for raking Morelos, or Broadfoot, why did Power get away with assaulting Jack, how the hell was the Killie keeper exonerated from elbowing Kamara. 

What are our Board doing about it?

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

This nonsense has now gone too far.

I’m not against retrospective punishment for an offence the referee doesn’t see, but the referee did see this & gave a yellow card.

Whether it was a yellow or red or whatever is up for debate but he did see the incident & took action.

And as for Lennon he is totally deluded if he thinks Brown is some sort of victim.

Meanwhile we still wait for action against Brown for his provocation towardsMorelos from the previous OF game & his conduct after the final whistle 

Apparently they didn’t see it so they can do this but the only evidence is what everyone else has seen which is inconclusive. It’s an absolute joke. Brown played him. Flanagan moves his elbow on Browns first run and Brown saw that and played for a repeat. That is one highly plausible interpretation but it can’t be proved just like it can’t be proved or disproved he was elbowed in the face. The evidence didn’t exist. 

brown was running  towards Flanagan for what purpose, I know not. Flanagan only fended him off. brown is a small man so Flanagan’s movement was approximate to  brown’s face

The SFA are corrupt to the core.  The position of Compliance Officer is definitely under question.  I hope the club are working on this as we speak.  It was my understanding that in the past they have said they couldn't act because the ref had deemed an incident as meriting a yellow.