Flanagan charged!!

Whatever happens in this case I'm still more concerned about McGregor missing the first match of next season which will be away. We need to come flying out of the traps next season taking full points in that first game.

18 hours ago, craig said:

I am clearly biased.  However, in looking at the two incidents I felt that if EITHER of them warranted retrospective action it was Simunovic's - and here is why :

Flanagan  

• Ref saw it, dealt with it, deemed it a yellow card
  • It wasn't an elbow, it was his forearm
  • It wasn't a deliberate act of violence, he was attempting to block Brown's run with his arm

Simunovic

• Ref didn't see it.  Exactly what the CO role came in for
  • It was a deliberate sweep of the arm aimed in Defoe's direction.  No rational person can defend it as a "natural" movement of the arm.
  • It appeared to me, to be deliberate - he was chasing back, threw his arm across Defoe at a height which was almost guaranteed to be head height to Defoe.  Some will defend this, no problem.  The first two bullet points show why it should have been cited though.  

You see, it was in the same game, but there haven`t been 6 cameras on Simunovic, for some reason or another. Nor was there any trial by media.

But even if ... we had that game Hibs vs Scum a wee while back where Simunovic did this to Oli Shaw ...

https://twitter.com/rangersdoctor/status/1093314100287995906?lang=de

... and they sat on that and there was "no sufficient evidence" (it was cut out of the SPFL highlights) to charge him. I mean, you look at that even as a neutral and think: What? What more do they need to see but that one angle alone?

At the game, Simunovic did not even get a yellow card.

Interestingly enough, said highlights did show a blatant dive by Burke. Remembering one of the first acts of the first CO regarding Aluko, you would expect a citing and a ban offered.

Go to roundabout 3.50 mins in

Edited by der Berliner

4 hours ago, Gaffer said:

In the past 3 years we've witnessed a collapse in the democratic system.  I don't want to get into a political debate but the point is that once again a huge portion of the public will just sit back and watch a referendum result be overturned by politicians because they didn't like the result anyway.

If you don't want political debate keep that shit out of here. Hopefully the result will be overturned.

So Flanigan wins appeal.

Can i dare suggest that there was a method to all this madness all along like had Simunovic been charged and found guilty he would have missed the cup final.

Flanigan winning his appeal just another deflection tactic. 

2 hours ago, Briton said:

If you don't want political debate keep that shit out of here. Hopefully the result will be overturned.

Swearing at someone for pointing out the truth?

Classy.