Are Celtic that far ahead?

Most of us think the first XI are not, perhaps they have a stronger squad.

And it seems that the experienced pros agree:

Ugo - Featured player on the official site

It's clear that the squad we had this season wasn't good enough, for some reason, to compete with Celtic.

From what I have seen Celtic are not an outstanding team at the moment. They did a good job and did the basics well so credit has to go their way, but they are not so far ahead.

We have seen on two occasions this season, there first XI against ours and we came out on top . But during those games and you look on the bench Celtic have got more strenght and depth, yes we will be getting players in during the summer but i dont think we will see alot of players leaving as we need back up

We have seen on two occasions this season, there first XI against ours and we came out on top . But during those games and you look on the bench Celtic have got more strenght and depth, yes we will be getting players in during the summer but i dont think we will see alot of players leaving as we need back up

The league was already won when we played them so i don't think us beating them reflects a true picture. I know you always want to win an old firm game but as we saw in the last 2 games of the season, if there is no real competition it does have a psychological effect, even if you think you are trying your best.

As Buster says we will have a better idea when the new season begins.

no they are not and im not judging them on their last two old firm meetings. Celtic were the best of a bad lot last season abd i seen nothing in their game to suggest that they were miles ahead of us. it wasnt that they were so good, it was we who were poor.

no they are not and im not judging them on their last two old firm meetings. Celtic were the best of a bad lot last season abd i seen nothing in their game to suggest that they were miles ahead of us. it wasnt that they were so good, it was we who were poor.

Agree with that.

They got the job done pretty fast this season cause of our very poor start.

I think they have a much stronger squad than us, so over a season that can make a huge difference. What's the point of beating Celtic 4 times but then struggling to beat teams like Hibs and Caley?

I'm more worried about how they're progressing off the park at the moment. They seem to be willing to spend the money they're making in Europe whereas ours appears to have been swallowed up by debt.

I think they have a much stronger squad than us, so over a season that can make a huge difference. What's the point of beating Celtic 4 times but then struggling to beat teams like Hibs and Caley?

Yeah thats the difference between the teams - we are more complacent. They never give up against the smaller teams and always nick a last minute goal whereas we have struggled.

Man for man we are as good as them - I think the last 2 OF games showed that regardless if the league was won.