3 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Liverpool say £12m. I’m happy with that. 

Bring good players to us and we increase their value. 

I'm not a fan of the loan system.

But while it is in place then we should make use of it.

Rich clubs, with talented young players, should look at Ryan Kent and recognise the value of loaning to us. 

42 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm not a fan of the loan system.

But while it is in place then we should make use of it.

Rich clubs, with talented young players, should look at Ryan Kent and recognise the value of loaning to us. 

Given the European CL set up and the exclusion of clubs like ours in the future we may well end up needing a close relationship with the likes of Liverpool. We are massive and if we played in their league we would match them but the reality check here is that if we can connect to a club in a bigger market then Liverpool isn’t the worst option. I hate it but that’s the way it’s going. 

15 minutes ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

I read a rumour on Twitter recently that said £5.5m had been agreed.

They can only ask that much because we gave him the chance to prove himself. His highest valuation on transfermarkt has been £1.58m. Hope they keep that in mind when we ask for further loans. It's beneficial for both parties.

As for Kent he appears to be more than eager for a permanent move and hopefully it happens. He's top quality by SPL standards plus can only get better as he matures and he scares the life out of the yahoos. I have seen their hordes posting online a hope that we don't have him next season.

What I really like is when he’s not playing well (and he made a lot of errors against Celtic on Sunday) he buckled down, used his pace and tenacity and got tore in and was a real pest. Nightmare to play against folk with that attitude. I reckon £5m is about right but I’d hope Liverpool threw us another couple of good loanees as part of it. 

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

What I really like is when he’s not playing well (and he made a lot of errors against Celtic on Sunday) he buckled down, used his pace and tenacity and got tore in and was a real pest.

And is smart enough to keep his tenacity/aggression just on the edge of cards. He has only two yellow cards and no reds from 23 league appearances. His ban following the piggery game was retrospective and he wasn't even booked in it.

There's still a few years of physical development in him. We could get 5 million back multiple times over 3 years or so down the line.

And we know he isn't to be messed with and certainly not by some knobhead. 

spacer.png

It's been clear that from a couple of months into the season that the only way Kent stays with us would be another loan.

It's hardly worth trying to figure out the numbers that fly about the big clubs in England, the simple truth is that we aren't in that game, period.

Young Scottish players would do well to take on board some lessons on how Ryan Kent applies himself as a professional and his willingness to learn and carry out various aspects of what is expected of a modern winger. 

That determined application will make a player with ability into something much better.

The likes of Middleton, Hastie, Jones & others should take note.