[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 66)

Just now, ian1964 said:

Lifted from FF

There was actually 126 less there today than the league game in January.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/kilmarnock/attendances

The difference is 4000 less Bears paid that time and they sure didn't sell those 4009 seats they gave tons of them away for free.

Trying to pick holes in their decison around ticket allocation doesn't really wash.

As far as they were concerned, yesterday, it was the correct decision and it worked a treat.

Let them enjoy their day in the sun, we have bigger fish to fry.........

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

Trying to pick holes in their decison around ticket allocation doesn't really wash.

As far as they were concerned, yesterday, it was the correct decision and it worked a treat.

Let them enjoy their day in the sun, we have bigger fish to fry.........

That wasn’t what they said though Buster. At first that was the case then they said that going forward, due to safety concerns (after problems with St Pats), both ourselves and St Pats will only have one stand. Now they are in a corner due to being driven by Clarke and his bitterness. He dosnt care as he is off to take his Rangers hating to the Scotland job.

Just now, cooponthewing said:

That wasn’t what they said though Buster. At first that was the case then they said that going forward, due to safety concerns (after problems with St Pats), both ourselves and St Pats will only have one stand. Now they are in a corner due to being driven by Clarke and his bitterness. He dosnt care as he is off to take his Rangers hating to the Scotland job.

• 150th celebrations
  • recuperate and grow home support (IIRC partly down to listening to their supporters re. experience of home games against the OF)

I heard different motives being pushed so yes, it came out in a confusing manner, almost as if they were making it up as they went along. I tend to think that it was more they added fuel to the fire, but fuel that already existed and part of the actual decision, if not part of the public statement.

I don't buy the bitterness angle driven by Clarke. It was more the relative success / feel good factor that Clarke had brought to the club.

Bowie is obviously a savvy individual and with his board, made the decision.

It worked yesterday, the real test for Kilmarnock will be moving forward and the success or otherwise of the next managerial appointment.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not going to comment on the refereeing decision because it's difficult to say exactly what it looked like from his perspective. But with the benefit of this replay it couldn't be a more obvious dive. Is that going to be retrospectively examined?

Shirt pulling. Penalty kick.

1 minute ago, Scott7 said:

I'd have wanted all three decisions if attacking.

• Goldson gets a wee shove but it's enough, penalty
  • Barasic grabs shirt, penalty 
  • Burke handles, reflex movement but deliberately, penalty 

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Obvious dive and he should be done for simulation.

Whether the shirt pulling warranted a penalty is debatable, but that doesn't take away from the dive.

... and then there was the incident when Burke`s hand was hit and even the two Stooges i.e. experts on the micro said it was a clear penalty, as he stopped the ball going into the area. I wouldn`t call for it ... but then you get the late one against you from the soft as silk category and do wonder.

BTW, a few weeks back Collum denied Killie a stone-waller against Celtic ... yesterday he refereed us like we were playing basketball, wheres Killie got away with quite a lot.

If anything, the game was incident packed ... just saw the penalty incident from three angles and the last shows the tuck on the chirt but it hardly stops the player and only after he realizes it he goes down like felled. Same stuff is seen earlier in the game on the other side with nothing given. Interestingly enough, the linesman on the far side does not signal for a foul. That prick No. 2 having a go at Barasic is quite absurd, but they were complaining and moaning and falling like Spaniards anyway.

Their first goal is one of those marginal decisions and the angle of the camera doesn`t tell whether Burke was already offside or not. What was galling was that Candeias were unlucky hitting the bar moments before and Kent`s efford is barely saved by the keeper and the rebound hits the post before going out. We can`t complain about too much luck this season.

Did anyone see Clarke at the end of the game?  He spoke on the mic to the Killie fans, but took time to turn to our stand and shout "bye bye Rangers".  He was clearly playing to the crowd, but it's times like that when he shows himself up for the classless @@@@@ he his.  About a minute later he obviously realised that wouldn't have gone too well as the Scotland manager so added in "oh by the way, bye bye Celtic too".  It was so cringeworthy.

There has never been so much dislike for us coming from Killie and I always thought we actually had a bit of affinity with their club.  Clarke has changed that and I wonder if it'll ever change back now.  Good riddance to him.