31 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I see Arsenal's Henrikh Mkhitaryan isn't going to be there.

Not the best.

Maybe European finals should be played in Europe.

it's outrageous,  and wrong, that a final is played in a country where the safety of the players is not guaranteed. 

Baku is west of Ufa, hence west of the Urals, and hence, using the old boundary approximation, in Europe. Quite far south, right enough. 

The competition is given very little creedence by the super rich leagues, and the possibility of a Champions league place is the real prize for them.

Can you imagine Rangers handing back tickets for the final ?

yet arsenal played a group game in that country and nothing was said then I would be more worried if it came to penalties would the arsenal goalie try as he is  joining  Chelsea next season 

Edited by compo

A final potentially ruined by location, UEFA didnt do their homework properly. Not to mention a match where one player cant even travel. Countries with these type of issues shouldnt even be allowed to bid.

This match should have 20000 of each support in the ground instead 6000 tickets were handed back.

I do fancy Chelsea as they seem stronger and have Hazard who can win any game, plus Arsenals defence is worrying. They also HAVE to play Leno, go with the best team and no sentiment over Cech who is going to Chelsea next season. But if Arsenal play both Lacazette and Aubameyang then its game on especially if Ozil has a good game.

I hope Emery springs a surprise like this.

Leno

Mustafi Koscienly Sokratis Monreal

Xhaka Torriera Kolasanic

Ozil

Lacazette Aubameyang

Come the Gooners.

19 minutes ago, compo said:

the match should have been played in the United Kingdom not some place in the back of beyond  .

Don't be daft, how would that have shown how inclusive UEFA is? If we were to follow your logic people might think Azerbaijan wasn't actually in Europe? ?

Edited by Bill