Gersnet Forum Player of the Year 2018/19

Gersnet Forum Player of the Year 2018/19  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Rangers player of the year for season 2018/19?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/19 at 19:51

There is no doubt that Morelos has been excellent this season but he would have been third on my list.  Tav was the best for me, followed by Kent (yes, I know I'm becoming a bit of a fan boy).  Tav had a lot on his shoulders this season and I think he's really grown into the role of captain.  I'd have gladly seen him sold at the end of last season if anyone was willing to pay a couple of million for him.  What a difference a year makes because now I wouldn't sell him for less than 10m.

I can also understand Arfield getting votes and perhaps if it was the player so far of 2019 he'd get it, but he didn't find his feet until December in my opinion.  He's been superb since then though.

Im just delighted we have plenty of contenders this season.  At the end of last season it was more of a "Gersnet Forum Least Worst Player of the Year 17/18".

It's a damned close run thing, between Tavenier and Morelos, who have both been outstanding, for different reasons.

Tavenier has been a machine all season long, but Morelos has scored 30 goals, without penalties, and, well, everybody loves a goalscorer. 

Rangers, as we know, is refereed -and, largely, re-refereed by Mhystic Mheg, and her predecessors- to a standard different to that applied to the other teams of the SPL, or, indeed, of the whole SPFL. In this context, it is noticeable that the "temperamental Latin, from an area notorious for cocaine production, even within the world's largest cocaine producing country", is himself judged by officialdom using a yardstick beyond even that experienced by the rest of the team; and, it goes almost without saying, he is afforded no protection on the pitch. 

Off the pitch, we have to consider the almost constant, histrionic, vilification he receives from that shallow, partisan, gaggle of mountebanks and mutual masturbators, which masquerades as  Scottish fitba' media.

So, for his goals, and for the fact that he has continued to score, in the face of officiating from plain bad, at best, to plain biased, at worst, via the merely prejudiced ( influenced by the off field antipathy, and a background noise of hateful hysteria, well beyond fair comment) my vote goes to the Colombian Thunderboots.  

I've went for Arfield. I think he's been at the centre of our best performances and has been the most missed when out.

Tav has been excellent at times. Would be happy to see him get the vote too.

A few months ago i wouldve said Morelos, by a long way, but he ruined it with the red at celtic.

McGregor . Without doubt the only player that has performed consistently, and to the level that is required at Rangers.

He's been an influence in many other ways too.

Wee blip at the end there, but he can be forgiven for that.

For me,the POTY isn’t necessarily the player whose personal performances have stood out most but the player whose presence in the team has had the most overall effect on the performance of the whole team in the most games. In my opinion that player has been Ryan Jack. 

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

For me,the POTY isn’t necessarily the player whose personal performances have stood out most but the player whose presence in the team has had the most overall effect on the performance of the whole team in the most games. In my opinion that player has been Ryan Jack. 

That's true @Bill.  Jack is never going to be a "standout" player, but there's no doubt he helps make the rest of the team tick and we'd be a much poorer team without him.

Nah, you're all wrong so far. POTY is Connor Goldson, the most under-rated player in our side. 

He's the defensive colossus the side's been built around, that's transformed our 'goals against' column this season. He's had to work with 3 different centre-half partners, yet has maintained a level of consistency that we simply now take for granted. He's been almost ever present, playing 54 matches. His discipline is exceptional, only 10 bookings all season and no red cards, unusual for a centre half in modern football, particularly when playing for Rangers. 

Most importantly he didn't give the ball away at Parkhead in the last minute for no explicable reason.  

BTW No Candieas in the poll? His stats are better than Kent's, he just does it with less fuss.